Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Anyone one feeding their hound pedigree dog biscuits?

Lots of options with dog foods and lots of opinions, end of the day the dogs dictate what works....

The advice to transition between foods is solid (pardon the pun)
    It is difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person! It is near impossible with a stupid person!
    Rebelwood Gundog Training

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    I am and Jazz does really well on it, I mix the flavours and often add hot water or gravy. I also substitute this with dog roll and scraps
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

After the initial puppy feed to one year, and an initial stuff-up with NutriPlus, I moved to mighty Mix for the food.
    Tremendous stuff - highly recommend it.

Pooch seems to have recovered from the change of tucker by yesterday. Firmed up. Was getting a bit worried after seeing he had power chundered everywhere on Tuesday arvo, not sure what caused this.
    He must have been hungry after though cause he knawded 2" of the old wooden dining chair leg on the back door step!

That's not hunger!

Keep an eye on him.
    Wirehunt and Gibo like this.
    It is difficult to win an argument with an intelligent person! It is near impossible with a stupid person!

No Boredum I think Ruff. (The chewing) He's been stuck in the yard for a couple of days. I hadn't had the chance to get him out for a decent run with a bunch of commitments compounding up.
    Got him out late yesterday for a decent run, meet some other older bitches out, and he had a ball messing around with them. Different dog today, quite content.
    Where off up the Forrest tomorrow with the kids for a bit of a walk, see if we can walk him onto a deer. ( if the young fella doesn't winge so much they all hear us coming, he sounds like a wounded honey badger after a couple of kms)
    Wirehunt and Ruff like this.

Spewing is rarely a mediocre condition in any dog. (Unless they eat it afterwards!!! )

Gahahaha save on dog food. Man they are critters at times. Young fella was horrified a few weeks ago to see one of his ninjaco Lego man mummified in a dog turd when he was doing his chores shovelling the shit up of the lawn
    Ruff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidick View Post
    Just swaped my 7 month over to pedigree dog biscuits from Royal canine maxi junior. Dog loves the Royal canine, and turns his nose up at most other brands.
    He has been laying some scoury shits for the past three days. Thinking the new biscuits aren't agreeing with him.
    Today we drove up the beach for a run, we roll in a cruiser, great beach wagons but you share the cab with the dog. He was putting down some of the worst dog farts I've ever had the misfortune to smell! (I've smelt a few) my god Windows down in the rain eye watering gagging!
    The first sold shit I've seen in three days was this evening, but it was a Murawai black sand dog barker, from fetching the decoy this morning all covered in sand.
    Hoping it's a temporary adjustment to diet.

Any thoughts?

Why did you change food, if Royal canin was doing the job why the change, personally I wouldn't feed pedigree dog biscuits, mine are mostly on a raw diet, was it a cost thing ?
    If you join the Royal canin breeders club you get the food quite a bit cheaper, eg Pet co has Royal canin maxi junior for $ 136.66 for 16 kilos, the breeders club is $104. Actually while I was looking at the royal canin I see that they have Endurance 4800 20 kilo bags for $123 however for this month they have 15% of the endurance so a 20 kilo bag will be $104.55 that's a pretty good deal , milght just pop back to the site and order a few bags.

Yea change was a cost thing, The Royal canine seems like the goods though. The pedigree was a balls up, won't be getting them again. The two types are at opposite ends of the price scale. Will have to suss a happy middle ground.
    Dog gets a bit of a mix biscuit and meat, scraps etc to keep it interesting.
    Pointer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deadidick View Post
    Yea change was a cost thing, The Royal canine seems like the goods though. The pedigree was a balls up, won't be getting them again. The two types are at opposite ends of the price scale. Will have to suss a happy middle ground.
    Dog gets a bit of a mix biscuit and meat, scraps etc to keep it interesting.
    I have no issues with Purina Dog Chow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff View Post
    I have no issues with Purina Dog Chow.
    Yep purina 1 good tucker for my gwp. would recommend.

i feed mine on coprice, get it from the feed store. sure cut down on his turd size.
    he also gets scraps and rabbit meat, normally he catches his own bunnies, when these jaws clamp down there is no escape !

hey there are no biscuit trees in the bush lamb briscuits could be a spell o there work it out per kilo and you might
    find raw could be cheeper

We put our greyhound on coprice working dog after having him on nutrience which was blardy expensive and made him fart like a cannon, he now dosent smell and is healthier