Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Bugger, I think 'that day' has come for my dog...

That sux mate.....I know how you feel both my best mates are booked for the one way vet trip Wed.

Now I have to go carry one of them inside.
    Sako 243 likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

X-ray shows a collapsed disc I think she said anyway it's pinching the nerve so next step is blood work and all liver functions are perfect so we have taken the plunge to do intensive non steroidal anti inflammatory for a week long coarse to see how she responds. She'll need enforced bed rest, care toileting etc the. Review in a week.

Pretty much prompted us to start the journey for a replacement sooner rather than later. We've talked about it off and on for a bit but always assumed we have years left with Gypsy... either way she will have a good influence on a pup coming through and hopefully overlap a couple of years to ease the pain when that time does come. My wife loves the labradoodle so I don't know if I get a say in that. I'd have loved a bitch pup from Martin Reid's DD/GWP litters but I just don't have the time with my current job to do it justice so it's on the back burner for now.

Fingers crossed. Cheers for the thoughts guys.
    Shootm and Frogfeatures like this.

Sorry to hear that about your beloved pet.
    EeeBees and Sako 243 like this.

Finally home after 3.5 days in the South Island for work, and I'm so pleased to report that the non steroidal anti inflammatories that my dog is on are having their intended affect and she is starting to weight bear on that hind leg when standing or very slowly walking, if moving any faster she still hops and carries it.

So relieved! Looks like I might get a bit more time yet.
    veitnamcam, kawhia, mikee and 3 others like this.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Shit hot mate.
    Sako 243 likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Good news Sako
    Sako 243 likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

give her lots of TLC and im sure shell respond heaps.had to make the same decision with my much loved lab x last year as he just faded before our eyes.stil lbrings tears to my eyes when i think about it altho now ive no doubt he was on deaths door as the vet did the merciful deed.
    best of luck with the new bloke too.

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sako 243 View Post
    X-ray shows a collapsed disc I think she said anyway it's pinching the nerve so next step is blood work and all liver functions are perfect so we have taken the plunge to do intensive non steroidal anti inflammatory for a week long coarse to see how she responds. She'll need enforced bed rest, care toileting etc the. Review in a week.

Pretty much prompted us to start the journey for a replacement sooner rather than later. We've talked about it off and on for a bit but always assumed we have years left with Gypsy... either way she will have a good influence on a pup coming through and hopefully overlap a couple of years to ease the pain when that time does come. My wife loves the labradoodle so I don't know if I get a say in that. I'd have loved a bitch pup from Martin Reid's DD/GWP litters but I just don't have the time with my current job to do it justice so it's on the back burner for now.

Fingers crossed. Cheers for the thoughts guys.
    You'd probably want to get your name on the list sooner than later for one of Martins pups.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

57JL
    i thought my 15 year old bully cattle cross had almost done his dash so i got a pup that turned him around and he lived till he was 17.5 years old so maybe a pup will spark her up
    and it it helped the us get over the sad day we had to put him down