Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Could be time to go...

Could be time to go...

I've been informed by the ranger that my prick of a whippet has been caught again. That makes it 6 times in the last 3 days he's escaped my 5ft fence. I'm ready and willing to get rid of him but the missus refuses to let me. Funny thing is her wallet never opens when its time to pay for the fucking pound fees. He's already cost me the price of a good pedigree hunting dog (I'm estimating around $1500 so far in all the bullshit he's done).

Soo fucking angry right now!!!!
    Hunt4life likes this.

A bullet would be cheapest bet.
    Bavarian_Hunter likes this.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

cant figure out why either, he has no nuts anymore so it cant be looking for ladies, he gets exercised, has all the food he wants, has bones and toys to play with, gets out whether we are there or away and thinks its the funniest joke when I pick him up red faced from someones place.

I'd honestly make a conservative estimate in saying I reckon it'd be 50 times that he's escaped. Tie him up and he shakes the lead or collar, the other day almost hung himself across the 5ft fence until the bungee rope somehow snapped and saved his life. He's been torn open and has a 10 inch scar from jumping through a wire fence and I just cannot stop the prick! lost for ideas other than to get rid of him.

chain him up on a run? and tighten the collar
    Hunt4life likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

That's been an option but then it'd have to be literally 24/7. I mean it when you can not let him off the chain for 10 minutes without watching him. I think those things are cruel anyway, I don't use him as I never chase foxes and hares anymore so he's just a pet now which is a fucking money sink as it is without the prick costing me in pound and wound fees

Ditch the dog and get a little toy dog if your missus wants a dog so bad.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Wait till the missus is out and shoot him then take him down the road a bit and run him over a few times. Misses sees him on way home thinks little Bugger got out again problem solved.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Dundee, R93, PerazziSC3 and 4 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

haha love to VC but somehow I think she'd smell a rat! If he costs too much to pick up today he'll be finding a new home. I'm mates with the ranger so really hoping that he's gunna let me off some of the fines...he'll be less of a friend if not haha

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian_Hunter View Post
    haha love to VC but somehow I think she'd smell a rat! If he costs too much to pick up today he'll be finding a new home. I'm mates with the ranger so really hoping that he's gunna let me off some of the fines...he'll be less of a friend if not haha
    Why should he let you off? It sounds like you pay his wages anyway

I couldn't shoot a working dog unless it was critically injured or killed stock or something else serious.

Some of those poofy, fluffy lap dogs would get it just for the sake of it though.
    Ya need a kennel with a run, buy the sounds of it mate.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Why should he let you off? It sounds like you pay his wages anyway

I couldn't shoot a working dog unless it was critically injured or killed stock or something else serious.

Some of those poofy, fluffy lap dogs would get it just for the sake of it though.
    Ya need a kennel with a run, buy the sounds of it mate.
    I was brought up in a greyhound racing family and if they couldn't do the job they were bred to do there was only one place for them, as harsh as it sounds. I feel a bit that way but am more compassionate. Problem is he's useless now, doesnt hunt for me just eats, shits and escapes. It'd be different if he was friendly but he doesn't even like to be patted. He hangs around sometimes but prefers to do his own thing.

I thought about the kennel with a run but I reckon they're a bit cruel and it wears out the ground around it which I'm sure the landlords wouldn't appreciate, especially since we had to apply for special permission to have him there at all haha

R93
    Then I think Cam's suggestion is the best. Maybe the your ranger made can sort it?

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Then I think Cam's suggestion is the best. Maybe the your ranger made can sort it?
    Yeh if I was going to get rid of him I'd rather rehome him but then I'd feel bad that I'm putting the burden on someone else. I'll see, if he charges me just the amount for re-registering him I'll have to take him back. Kinda hoping he charges the full amount so I have an excuse to get rid of him.

Just had the missus ring up after I left a message saying "You can't get rid of him Jack, you just can't" I said "Ok, we can keep him as long as you pay every time he gets caught from now on" After a bit of silence she said "well we cant shoot him if we get rid of him" haha didn't think she'd like the money coming out

R93
    Women. Ya cant live with them.....................
    Bavarian_Hunter likes this.

whipit!!!
    Gibo likes this.

Sounds like you may be "changing her mind."
    If not consider one of these.

It's cost is probably less than two dog impounding fees and you can take it with you if you shift..............Assuming you take the dog as well :>)