Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stories about your hunting experiences with your dogs

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    I did a quick one on Jazz GWP in my first Started thread, no issues if you want to use it or part of others. Jazz is my Security, Duck, deer, Stock working dog, not a bad pet either. Primary roll is security and she excels in this role
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

HF1
    Where do I find that article - can you send it to me?

I've got a reasonable amount for the next magazine on the Brittany and it would be good to find someone hunting with one of the rarer Italian HPR breeds (I haven't forgotten the pointers and setters!) but I think the Braco, Spinone, etc are more likely to be found in the show ring.

Thanks to Jim for giving me access to his blog.

TJ - you are remarkably quiet about extolling Zen's virtues - or Bo's lack of :-)

Not a great deal of photos to be found in this house but I do think I have one of Bo dog pointing in a drain

HF1
    I probably don't have hunting photos but I have some others. Would you like me to copy and email them to you once I find them?

Any anecdotes would be great. She was a great little dog.

I still remember Zen coming out of a gulley with a very alive, very indignant, cock pheasant in her mouth. She'd obviously been on point and was sick of waiting for us.

It is always impossible to get photos on your own. Even out pheasant hunting last season I was working the dog, Helen was shooting and no one was available to do the camera work. We could have had some great shots. Unfortunately most of the ones of him on point showed him head first into the gorse and brambles...........

I may have enough for this magazine but might do the GSP next time.

Yep, Zen did that trick more than once, saved on shells