Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By dfmaisey
  • 1 Post By hunter308
  • 4 Post By madjon_
  • 3 Post By Pengy
  • 1 Post By Tombi

Thread: Boyds stocks order

Post Boyds stocks order

Earlier this year I was just as surprised as everyone else when Boyds Gunstock Industries ceased taking orders from NZ customers, citing NZ Customs and postal service as the reason they could no longer send stocks here. I went in to bat for NZ customers by following the matter up with Customs, and even got letters from them and the Police to say that there was no issue with Boyds stocks as far as they were concerned. I forwarded these directly to Boyds and expected it may only take a few weeks to get the matter sorted. (Still have copies of the letters here.)

However, weeks turned into months with no sign of progress. So we started looking at other ways to get stocks sent over to NZ, and the result was that we had to place large orders and have a commercial freight agent handle the shipment at both the US and NZ ends. This was not a cheap option, but better than no stocks at all. However, this also seemed to take several months to get sorted, but last week the first box of stocks arrived (which was actually ordered in May).

Name:  P1030171.jpg
Views: 1409
Size:  251.1 KBName:  P1030173.jpg
Views: 9346
Size:  277.6 KB

Some of these have already been sold, but there are some Remington 700 stocks left in this order, and in the next lot there will be some 'Tacticool' ones, as well as left hand models, which have always been over the DIY import $$ limit. Mainly Remington 700 and Ruger 10/22 stocks in the next lot too - due to land here in another 3 weeks approx.

Also, with Boyds now offering checkering and customised features as optional extra, there may be a few guys who want to take advantage of this, but who can't order it themselves.

If anyone is keen on a stock that is left available from my current orders, or if you want to put a deposit down to special order a stock, then let me know.

Costs will depend on the exchange rate at the time of ordering, and a share of the split on the freight and customs/export permit/import fees for each order, plus GST. Naturally, as this is a commercial order i can't avoid the GST so have to pass this on, and also have to put a small margin on as well to cover my admin time and to help cover the risk that goes with any importation of products on behalf of others, etc. etc.

Email me for price estimates.

Cheers,

dean@gunsmith.co.nz
    Rich007 and WallyR like this.

Tacticool? I thought the State Department went full retard over them and said they can't be exported because they "look too much like a tactical stock"???

So does this mean you can also get the walnut stocks in for us too? they look way better than laminate....I will go put my flame proof suit on now lol.
    distant stalker likes this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Yes, but i will require a deposit up front though for any special order items. Some special orders items may take a few months to get here.

The 'nutmeg' laminate look pretty good and similar to walnut if you don't like the fancy colour options.

@dfmaisey this is a really old thread and a bit of a stab in the dark, but do you still have any 10/22 stocks?

Ooooo me too!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  70.2 KB
    Pengy, Gerbs, WallyR and 1 others like this.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post

Bump would have sufficed
    Shearer, Tombi and WallyR like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Bump would have sufficed
    It builds anticipation for the inevitable reply of "No, not in NZ"
    WallyR likes this.