Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mauser308
  • 1 Post By Spook

Thread: Scheduled fires....

Scheduled fires....

Shit it would be an improvement, nothing for three weeks then bloody 7 calls in the last three days, most at night.

My eyeballs feel like they've spent the week tucked up under a camel's nutsack and the back of my head is rubbed raw from the sodding helmet harness.

#1 I want my nice light US 'star wars' helmet back, these Pacific things are pieces of crap.
    #2 I'm getting too old for this crap...
    #3 I'm too tired to get up and go for a crap.

And, I'm due at work in an hour...
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    Shit it would be an improvement, nothing for three weeks then bloody 7 calls in the last three days, most at night.

My eyeballs feel like they've spent the week tucked up under a camel's nutsack and the back of my head is rubbed raw from the sodding helmet harness.

#1 I want my nice light US 'star wars' helmet back, these Pacific things are pieces of crap.
    #2 I'm getting too old for this crap...
    #3 I'm too tired to get up and go for a crap.

And, I'm due at work in an hour...
    If you continue with #3, you will be known as Ol'brownballs
    big_foot likes this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

See what is said in the Fire Service forum at the UFBA conference this weekend in Tauranga regarding the new helmets if it is brought up

how old is your helmet , is it still the fibreglass ? or is it the newer Kevlar ones , ... I found them light and great ,but we all have different heads
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

I've got the F3Mk something, and I'm babying it along. I DO NOT want one of those shocking brain buckets that Pacific is passing off as a fire fighting helmet - I think they are the Mk10?

They bring a whole new process of consideration to the step up to SO - can I really wear one of those helmets out in public and still respect myself in the morning???????

Apparently there are a few of the F3's horded around the bazaars with a number of spare shells - the trick is getting them out from the dim dark recesses where they are being squirrelled away. Don't get me wrong, the idea for the F10 helmet is great. We just need the thing to go on a diet say 1/2 the current weight and then open it up to let the heat out and the sounds in...

Thanks for reminding me - I had forgotten about the UFBA conference. I'm supposed to be helping with van transport and the like!

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    If you continue with #3, you will be known as Ol'brownballs
    There has been a distinct possibility of that on several different occasions over the years! 'Nuf said!