Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Vol Fire crew, who is one?

No offence taken
    No denial some whack jobs make it through the system as they do in any organisation however are not a reflection on the 9500 vollies who are there for all the right reasons

The vollies have my respect as well. They're the ones who'll save my arse when I've done something wrong, be it a match or vehicle. Or even medical event as I found out the other day from a work mate. Big ups to you all
    keneff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    They have volunteered to run into a burning building.... Some things not wired right having said that, huge respect to them
    Just an observation, when I'm carting all that crap that allows me to 'run into a burning building', the one thing I am doing is NOT running. It's more like a controlled forwards stagger... (Note to self, less pies more gym...)
    keneff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauser308 View Post
    That dude systolic is the one not wired right, he's come in to a heap of threads on this forum and done just that - stir shit. In a word, Troll.
    I wasn't the one who brought up volunteer firemen starting their own fires. They're the ones not wired right.

Or the ones in Russell too drunk to even put a ladder up the right way during an audit.

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    There was one up our way in the mid 90s when I joined. Kept us busy and I learned the trade thanks to him. They got him and he did time in Paremoremo. He fessed up on a few fires and they let some go including when he was in the SI on a IFBA Conference
    He got caught by chance on camera light a fire on Piha Road
    Keith Raymond...Laingholm VFB. Really let the brigade down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    Saw 387, 381 and 3811 turned out and wondered if you were on then thought about what I was doing at 4.09am - deep sleep
    Haha, yup we were the 2nd alarm turnout. I was driver for 381.
    sako75 likes this.

@keneff where did you live in Vic?[/QUOTE]

Hi Zimmer, yep, just a few degrees of separation. At that stage I lived near Gisborne, not far from Macedon, just off the Calder Highway. I don't think Ash Wedneday was deliberate. It was more a case of the Woodend Shire Council not cutting trees back from power lines. They later tried to put a levy on the rates to pay damages and insurance excesses. More bureaucratic arse-covering, and denial. I think kids lit a couple of the fires in S.A. at the same time, though. Later, when we moved up near Maldon, a lot of the smaller fires and grass fires we had to deal with were started by lifestylers burning their clippings and other litter. But yes, it can't be denied that there are sickoes who are attracted to fire services. Definitely badly-wired somehow.
    zimmer likes this.
    I used to have a handle on Life - but it broke.

Quote Originally Posted by swellacott View Post
    Haha, yup we were the 2nd alarm turnout. I was driver for 381.
    Waiuku Brigade had 2 alarm callouts overnight. Poor buggerr must've had a hectic night. I hear the siren, but just go back to sleep these days, don't leap out of bed wondering how bad this one will be any more.
    One of the few advantages of old age and decrepitude.
    I used to have a handle on Life - but it broke.

Thoughts on the new FENZ livery for those that have seen it? People have commented on the complete lack of the Queens Crown or any associated commonwealth-type connection (probably reading something into it that isn't there or intended - I'm not too phased either way on that point)...

i hadn't seen it so just googled it. Looks alrite, serves a purpose.

Is it just me or does there seem to be soo much conspiracy theory type talk out there these days? Seems to be a bunch of people that can only see negative far fetched bollocks in everything.
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Well, it is the end of the NZFS world as we know it haha...

The one thing I thought from the sample picture was the battenburg pattern just doesn't look as clean and defined as the blue/red livery. Probably got 50 people with qualifications saying a lot of nice things about it but it is a very busy image on the vehicle. It's a bit like the yellow/green of the new St John ambulances, probably works great in England but down here in NZ with our different latitude and declination figures the green just blends into our morning and evening sun. A couple of times now I've been stopped looking for the source of the noise and had an ambulance materialise out of the sun right in front of me.
    smidey likes this.