Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MaW

Thread: BUYING ARCHERY GEAR OVERSEAS

BUYING ARCHERY GEAR OVERSEAS

Hi guys , I was wondering where is the best place to buy bow hunting gear from in the states and who sends to NZ I'm after a Bow RAK package
    Cheers Rob

MaW
    Archery imports does the line of bowtech and diamond www.archeryimports.co.nz

Other than that, outside of NZ, Archery Shop | Alternative Sporting Services is very good, lot's of people I know order from there.

When it comes to a full bow, my experience has been that archery imports can do the bow at the same price or better than bringing one in.

Where I find importing directly myself to be better is less about saving a lot of $$ and more about getting it sooner when nz dealers will have to bring it in for me if they dont have stock. I might then get it from altservices knowing that it will arrive soon rather than a dealer waiting until they have enough orders to combine shipping as can happen sometimes.
    von tempsky fan likes this.

Cheers MaW , I'm after a diamond bow so I will give Archery Imports a ring.

Which Diamond bow are you after ?
    A silly fuk is better than a serious wank

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneo View Post
    Which Diamond bow are you after ?
    Diamond Deploy or Bowtech carbon icon both seem pretty similar , the hoyt charger /powermaxx is supposed to be good value so it could be a option
    Last edited by von tempsky fan; 15-09-2016 at 07:40 PM.

MaW
    Over here there is a hoyt tax. They cost a lot.

As an example, the hoyt powermax is $499USD overseas. Here it will cost you $1075NZD.

A comparison is the bowtech carbon icon. $699USD from the same US store (lancaster archery, one of the reputable ones). Here from archery imports it is $830NZD including RAK package.

You might have read that it is good value and that might be right in the states. Over here the prices are flipped and it's not such good value when it now costs more than the bow's it's supposed to be good value next to.

I'm not entirely sure what they've got in stock in regards to what you're after but Lancaster Archery have been bloody great to deal with

Hey man i buy and sell gear all the time, im currently up to bow 20 in 18months haha, i just sold a carbon knight set up with real good gear for 750 wish i had of read this first. Ive got an elite e35 coming this weekend with elite 2 pc quiver, elite hdx rest and either a axcell multi pin sight or cbe tek hybrid. The elites have warranties no matter how many owners, pm me your budget and number. This is a serious bit of kit and it will be a good price. Brand new it would all retail around $2900 im asking a fraction of that

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk