Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Target crossbow in Auckland.

Hi all.
    Is there anyone in Auckland or near by that is into target crossbow shooting. Heaps of archery clubs up here but the ones I've contacted either were strictly no crossbows or frowned on there use.

There is a world crossbow association that holds world champs etc but they just give archery NZ as the contact.
    Due to a serious shoulder injury and that I shoot rifles I felt crossbow would be a neat non firearm sport as they shoulder like a rifle and have rifle style triggers so would be a close match and less trouble than a general bow in regards to shoulder pain.
    If any one is shooting target crossbow I would be keen to know where you go.

Cheers.

Hi Mate, there is / was a club that has it's club rooms up on one tree hill. This was years and years ago but the girl I was going out with at the time was into archery.
    I would go up and watch sometimes. On a couple of the visits there were people using target cross bows. Awesome bits of kit and very individualized, I can't remember the clubs name I am sorry but that would be a good lead to follow up. It was a strong club so if they aren't up there then they maybe shooting somewhere else.
    Your other bet is to go to a good archery shop like advanced archery and they are sure to have contacts.
    Good luck.