Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Who are the Forum Archers?

I've been shooting tennis balls in the back yard as practice and my arrows haven't disappeared...? Maybe it's because of my draw weight being too light. I'm planning on turning it up a little each week. I don't have scales to measure the weight of my draw at the moment but it's definitely much less than 55lbs. I'm guessing 25-30lbs.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Yeah might be a poundage thing or a soft vs hard earth?

Yeah a target tip will do the trick. Here's a video on it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24XyvF2oL2M

Jesus I'll never get those eight minutes back. But yeah sweet as I'll give it a go. Hopefully weather will clear and some bunnies will die soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Blue Arrow likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

[QUOTE=Dougie;323432]I got someone to teach me with her compound, I've done everything else just by google search. Had my bow two days now and had it sighted in within two hours of opening the box of bits. Now shooting milk bottles very consistently at various ranges from 10yards to 25yards.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Once you have hunting and humanely killed a milk bottle, do you take it home, chill it for a day then drink it?
    (sorry, didn't want t hijack the other thread)
    Dougie likes this.

[QUOTE=sako75;323486]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I got someone to teach me with her compound, I've done everything else just by google search. Had my bow two days now and had it sighted in within two hours of opening the box of bits. Now shooting milk bottles very consistently at various ranges from 10yards to 25yards.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Once you have hunting and humanely killed a milk bottle, do you take it home, chill it for a day then drink it?
    (sorry, didn't want t hijack the other thread)
    I actually hang it and stuff it with frozen venison to cool it down, then butcher and let age for a few days before freezing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My old man is that guy who walks quietly onto an ABA bow hunting course and then beats all the sighted compounds with his bare longbow. Wish I had half the guys skill with that thing. I even bought a Bearpaw longbow I from Germany and made my own spruce arrows. Turns out I'm still rubbish with a bow haha. I do like the look of those Mathews type bows tho. It's surprising how much more you get for your archery money these days
    Dougie likes this.

I got a Hoyt off a friend a couple of months ago and I'm hooked. Bows and bowhunting are superwickedawesome... So far I've got a couple of goats and two turkeys. Tried a rooster with small game heads and learned that you need something with blades because the feathers are so damn thick anything else just bounces off in a great big puff of feathers.
    Thanks to the Playstation we have the outdoors to ourselves!