Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Air pistols and robberies

  1. #16
    OPCz Rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Posts
    22,556
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdeee View Post
    Just seems 98% likely. Petty criminal would be risking a lot with a real pistol in public.
    You are risking your life with an air pistol. A couple of years ago a young fellah was fatally shot by police just a few miles down the road from here when he foolishly pointed a air pistol and thinking it was funny wouldn't put it down when told to do so.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  2. #17
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    I don't "know it" Tommy.

    Neither of us are going to win this argument as we both look at this from different veiw points..
    Correct, however, you are in dreamland.

    People commit crime for a reason
    Yes, criminality.

    reducing that reason would reduce the offending
    Cool, so rape cos she's hot is on? I spent all my money on codys and ciggies and the TAB on thursday, so the money you have (by not frittering it on these things) is my money, I just have to come get it? What 's your address?

    If you impose manditory sentencing for armed robbery,then the reason to offend still exists,the method of offending change
    Nope, you think twice, cos you aren't out by xmas this time around

    More and more people are born into social disadvantage in New Zealand
    Yep and most aren't thieving cunts. Some CHOOSE that path.

    more and more hard working people are finding it harder to get ahead
    Minter, I want a spa, my own home, two rentals, a nice boat, missus with bolt on tits, and a mistress with different bolt on tits for variety. Which bank do I rob? Or should I do multiple dairy robberies (the family owned ones, you know, the ones that are struggling to get ahead) and sell the tobacco on facebook, and down the pub? How many dairy robberies is too many?

    Society pays the price for people offending.
    Agreed.
    veitnamcam, tetawa and Knoxy_09 like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  3. #18
    Member Maca49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    13,192
    Norske, I see your point, but NZ is a great place to become educated and get ahead, problem is it's a choice and the system now allows you to take what you can from social service and do a bit of theiving to top up and live a lazy life. That's what you have to change, I cannot believe anyone goes thru the schooling system here and cannot read or write, let alone do simple maths. We allow these choices to be available, I don't know the answer, but taking hard working citizens earning ain't really an option.
    I old and tend to believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, but there are too many soft cocks now that just want to cuddle the poor bastards
    veitnamcam and tetawa like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  4. #19
    OPCz Rushy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Posts
    22,556
    Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    I don't "know it" Tommy.

    Neither of us are going to win this argument as we both look at this from different veiw points.

    People commit crime for a reason,reducing that reason would reduce the offending.If you impose manditory sentencing for armed robbery,then the reason to offend still exists,the method of offending changes.

    More and more people are born into social disadvantage in New Zealand,more and more hard working people are finding it harder to get ahead.Society pays the price for people offending.
    Norsk your view is fine in theory but in practical reality has not worked so I am with Tommy on this. We have had a welfare state in New Zealand for several decades now but instead of the various benefits being viewed as a hand up for which there should be gratitude they are seen as a hand out to which there is an overwhelming sense of entitlement by many of the recipients. I firmly believe that the choices a person makes can overcome any social disadvantage that they have the misfortune to be born into.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  5. #20
    Member norsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Norske, I see your point, but NZ is a great place to become educated and get ahead, problem is it's a choice and the system now allows you to take what you can from social service and do a bit of theiving to top up and live a lazy life. That's what you have to change, I cannot believe anyone goes thru the schooling system here and cannot read or write, let alone do simple maths. We allow these choices to be available, I don't know the answer, but taking hard working citizens earning ain't really an option.
    I old and tend to believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, but there are too many soft cocks now that just want to cuddle the poor bastards
    People do though.I would say half the guys I worked with in Kaiangaroa couldn't read or write well.Statistically I should have been a failure too,no School Certificate,dropped out of School,manual labourer etc. However I was raised well and had that support network of family and strong role models.

    Most offenders come from broken homes,many were abused as kids,the odds are stacked against them from the start.Add to that limited job prospects,low income communities,historical welfare dependancies.Tommy states they choose to offened,they can't "un-choose" the circumstances they grew up in.
    Solo likes this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

  6. #21
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    People do though.I would say half the guys I worked with in Kaiangaroa couldn't read or write well.Statistically I should have been a failure too,no School Certificate,dropped out of School,manual labourer etc. However I was raised well and had that support network of family and strong role models.

    Most offenders come from broken homes,many were abused as kids,the odds are stacked against them from the start.Add to that limited job prospects,low income communities,historical welfare dependancies.Tommy states they choose to offened,they can't "un-choose" the circumstances they grew up in.
    And to go further into that particular failure, we're into politics. Choice is choice. Don't penalise the people who don't make shit life decisions for the actions of those that do. This applies to many aspects of life.
    veitnamcam, tetawa, mikee and 1 others like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  7. #22
    Member norsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    And to go further into that particular failure, we're into politics. Choice is choice. Don't penalise the people who don't make shit life decisions for the actions of those that do. This applies to many aspects of life.
    But you will do.

    Privatised prisons need more and more "paying customers".
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

  8. #23
    Member Maca49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    13,192
    Knowing a few on here we have come from similar starts to you and have made our own way through life without privilege, it's a self attitude and a motivation to do some thing with your life. @Rushy I view my super as a god given right! Don't go there!
    keneff likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  9. #24
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    But you will do.

    Privatised prisons need more and more "paying customers".
    Volunteers. I pay.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  10. #25
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    14,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Correct, however, you are in dreamland.



    Yes, criminality.



    Cool, so rape cos she's hot is on? I spent all my money on codys and ciggies and the TAB on thursday, so the money you have (by not frittering it on these things) is my money, I just have to come get it? What 's your address?



    Nope, you think twice, cos you aren't out by xmas this time around



    Yep and most aren't thieving cunts. Some CHOOSE that path.



    Minter, I want a spa, my own home, two rentals, a nice boat, missus with bolt on tits, and a mistress with different bolt on tits for variety. Which bank do I rob? Or should I do multiple dairy robberies (the family owned ones, you know, the ones that are struggling to get ahead) and sell the tobacco on facebook, and down the pub? How many dairy robberies is too many?



    Agreed.
    Hear Fucken Hear!!!

    Tommy for Prime Minister
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  11. #26
    Semper excretia Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ubique
    Posts
    3,917
    People taking personal responsibility for their actions would go a long way.

    I'm sick of the "oh he was beaten as a child" type shit I so often read about. Back in the day socially accepted means of disciplining children are regarded as child abuse today. Knowing the difference between right and wrong is not rocket science. Most criminals elect to do what they do through choice, motivated by greed and by the fact that they can't be bothered doing a day's honest work so they feel it is their right to take from others.

    Playing the victim and using that as an excuse is a loser's attitude. There are a lot of low-paid law abiding citizens who've experienced hardship too.
    Last edited by Ryan; 09-02-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    veitnamcam, Savage1, mikee and 3 others like this.

  12. #27
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    14,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    People acknowledging and taking personal responsibility for their actions would go a long way.

    I'm sick of the "oh he was beaten as a child" type shit I so often read about. Back in the day socially accepted means of disciplining children are regarded as child abuse today. Knowing the difference between right and wrong is not rocket science. Most criminals elect to do what they do through choice, motivated by greed and by the fact that they can't be bothered doing a day's honest work so they feel it is their right to take from others.

    There are a lot of low-paid law abiding citizens who've experienced hardship too. Playing the victim and using that as excuse is a loser's attitude.
    Exactly.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  13. #28
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Knowing a few on here we have come from similar starts to you and have made our own way through life without privilege, it's a self attitude and a motivation to do some thing with your life. @Rushy I view my super as a god given right! Don't go there!

    No argument from me. I work hard for my $$ and we look after ourselves and yet I find I am constantly being expected to "pay more" or "my share"

    Well F#$k me why, really takes away the intensive to work hard when you can do Sweet FA and still get looked after.
    Don't get me started about all the bleating about house prices
    veitnamcam and tetawa like this.
    If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

  14. #29
    Member stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Clarks Beach, (South of) Auckland
    Posts
    1,183
    People commit crimes because their morality threshold is reached, and to the offender, the reward outweighs the risk of being caught and receiving the likely punishment.

    Everyone has a different threshold when it comes to committing offences, be it speeding, shoplifting, assault, robbery or murder. Some of us would, under no circumstances, commit any such offence, while the worst of us wouldn't hesitate. The rest of us lie somewhere in between.

    Ask yourself this:

    1. If there was absolutely no chance of being caught, what crime(s) would you commit? Would you attach that standard capacity mag to your A-cat semi? Would you steal $10 from a stranger? $1000? $1Million? Would you assault or kill an individual of your choice?
    2. Now what if there was a 100% chance you would be caught, but the punishment was minor?
    3. What if there was a small chance you would be caught, but if you were caught, the punishment was severe?

    Everyone has a different morality threshold and a different risk/reward threshold. Improving the chance of catching offenders (more, better policing) and increasing punishments (more jail time etc) are the easy solutions. Changing people's morality thresholds so they don't offend in the first place is the hard solution.
    tetawa and Tommy like this.

  15. #30
    Semper excretia Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ubique
    Posts
    3,917
    Many people have exceedingly low morality thresholds.
    veitnamcam and stretch like this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. air pistols
    By hamsav in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 20-08-2015, 06:43 AM
  2. SR22 Pistols
    By James J. in forum Varminting and Small Game Hunting
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 09:15 PM
  3. FS Starter pistols
    By Drahthaar in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28-11-2012, 02:31 PM
  4. Pistols for sale
    By P38 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 08:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!