Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By stumpy
  • 2 Post By shooternz
  • 2 Post By carlhurley
  • 2 Post By 199p
  • 1 Post By Vapour
  • 1 Post By Macca
  • 1 Post By res

Thread: Deposit on a Pistol

Deposit on a Pistol

Hey guys

Would any of you happen to know if there's any legalities with a probationary member of a pistol club putting a deposit on a pistol at a store to simply hold it until they get their B endorsement so they can then have it transferred to them?

I've found a store selling an H&K SFP9-SF (VP9) after none being in NZ for a while and I don't want it to be out of reach come the time I get endorsed.

Cheers
    Macca

Would pretty much be up to the shop policy, but legally, I would've thought it's a no no.

Probationary members are just that - they do not have a license nor is one guaranteed.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Ask the store what their policy is regarding that or ask a fellow club member who has a B endorsement to place the deposit in their name.

I've heard of some stores that will do it. Ask them and you'll find out.

i bought my glock with no "B" ... the ptp was done by the club armourer and he held it for me till i got my "B"
    P38, mikee, 308 and 1 others like this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Your club armourer or another club member with a B can hold your pistol I've done it for a couple of new members, run it past the the club President and committee first they know if they will approve your B fairly soon after you join
    the club,
    P38 and mikee like this.

happens quite a bit buy it get the armourer or someone else with a B to ptp it on their licence and when you get yours ptp it back
    P38 and Beaker like this.

One would also assume that if you have payed in full the shop wouldn't have an issue holding onto it until you get your endorsement then transferring to you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Vapour and stumpy like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    One would also assume that if you have payed in full the shop wouldn't have an issue holding onto it until you get your endorsement then transferring to you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    this - Much better to wait and not do a double transfer with a club amourer - it puts 2 people out instead of just yourself - just be patient - I'm sure the shop will let you pay for it and store it until you can legally transfer it - even if it is a few months away - they don't take up that much space!!
    199p likes this.
    Being over gunned is under rated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vapour2209

Experience the same here as Stumpy and others have said - not a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Vapour View Post
    this - Much better to wait and not do a double transfer with a club amourer - it puts 2 people out instead of just yourself - just be patient - I'm sure the shop will let you pay for it and store it until you can legally transfer it - even if it is a few months away - they don't take up that much space!!
    Generally someone is more than happy to help, also means you can shoot your own gun here and there when they're there the same day as you

res
    Shops are normally ok holding paid for guns, and most clubs amours are ok holding the guns so you can use them as you run out your probation
    Using Tapatalk

I've contacted the store and they are happy to hold onto it till I either get endorsed or have another club member take it on for me.

Would anyone also have knowledge on shipping pistols? I can pick up but it would be easier to transfer it to somewhere closer for a pickup?
    Kscott likes this.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I've contacted the store and they are happy to hold onto it till I either get endorsed or have another club member take it on for me.

Would anyone also have knowledge on shipping pistols? I can pick up but it would be easier to transfer it to somewhere closer for a pickup?
    Shipping them is no more drama than any other firearm, the dealer will be able to talk you through what's needed
    petronious_arbiter likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

You can not pick it up without a B endorsement get it sent to the person that is going to hold it, the armour is probable the best bet thats what he's there for.