Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Does it really need to be this bloody painful?

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River

Does it really need to be this bloody painful?

It is like pulling teeth with no fucking anaesthetic.

I know I am a moaning old doddery bugger but jeez all I want to do is pay the fee to be able to submit my applications for B and E endorsement.

So I truck up to NZ Post this morning and tell them I want to pay the fee for the submission of a POL67F and POL67H. Sure says the chick behind the counter, how much do you want to pay? How the fuck do I know (do you just make up a number?) don't you have a list of fee structures for relative Police forms? The answer of course was a resounding NO so I left thinking how hard would it be to have a piece of A4 with the fee structures on it to the left of the tellers window.

Thinking like a clever bugger, I google the Police web site and cruise for ten minutes trying to find the answer but unless I had a man look (entirely possible) it is not there to be found.

Next I think on my feet and proceed to the Kumeu Huapai Police Station to ask a human. Fuck me! No humans to be found. Apparently the is no need for the local Police Station to be manned on a Saturday or Sunday. Getting frustrated now.

Not being one to give up, I think laterally and Google the phone number for the Henderson Police Station, ring them up, listen to four repetitions of their "if you have an emergency then dial 111" message and finally get to talk to a human. Can I speak to the Arms Officer or someone that knows the fee structure relative to the application for B and E endorsement applications. NO (WTF) the AO only works Monday to Friday. Surely someone else must know says I. Nope only the AO. So I hang up thinking how hard would it be to have a piece of A4 with the fee structures on it next to the telephonists desk?

I give up. I still have no idea how much I have to pay. I have heard that the Black Power and Mongrel Mob have a whole lot easier system.

Rant over.
    buell984 likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Had a similar case here when trying to mail order a rifle last month. Taupo police station was completely fucking useless, I left 2 messages, spoke to atleast 3 people (only 1 person ever got back to me). I ended up going through another station.

I believe it is the natural process for preventing undesirables from owning pistols
    puku and Skatieguy like this.

Should have told her $10, bingo B and E cat in one go.
    veitnamcam and seano like this.

P38 and veitnamcam like this.

You bloody beauty Stug. $204.00 it is then.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I believe it is the natural process for preventing undesirables from owning pistols
    Actually they hope to dissuade ALL and Sundry from applying for FALs buy making it as difficult as possible then throwing " individual AO interpretation of the laws" into the mix once you have it
    Jexla and Skatieguy like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

How easy would it be for @Rushy to write it up on a piece of A4 paper and post it on the screen of this forum? Thinking laterally works
    Gapped axe likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    How easy would it be for @Rushy to write it up on a piece of A4 paper and post it on the screen of this forum? Thinking laterally works
    You silly bugger Maca. Even I know that if I write $204.00 on a piece of A4 and stick it on my iPad no one else will be able to see it.
    R93, mikee, john m and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    It is like pulling teeth with no fucking anaesthetic.

I know I am a moaning old doddery bugger but jeez all I want to do is pay the fee to be able to submit my applications for B and E endorsement.

So I truck up to NZ Post this morning and tell them I want to pay the fee for the submission of a POL67F and POL67H. Sure says the chick behind the counter, how much do you want to pay? How the fuck do I know (do you just make up a number?) don't you have a list of fee structures for relative Police forms? The answer of course was a resounding NO so I left thinking how hard would it be to have a piece of A4 with the fee structures on it to the left of the tellers window.

Thinking like a clever bugger, I google the Police web site and cruise for ten minutes trying to find the answer but unless I had a man look (entirely possible) it is not there to be found.

Next I think on my feet and proceed to the Kumeu Huapai Police Station to ask a human. Fuck me! No humans to be found. Apparently the is no need for the local Police Station to be manned on a Saturday or Sunday. Getting frustrated now.

Not being one to give up, I think laterally and Google the phone number for the Henderson Police Station, ring them up, listen to four repetitions of their "if you have an emergency then dial 111" message and finally get to talk to a human. Can I speak to the Arms Officer or someone that knows the fee structure relative to the application for B and E endorsement applications. NO (WTF) the AO only works Monday to Friday. Surely someone else must know says I. Nope only the AO. So I hang up thinking how hard would it be to have a piece of A4 with the fee structures on it next to the telephonists desk?

I give up. I still have no idea how much I have to pay. I have heard that the Black Power and Mongrel Mob have a whole lot easier system.

Rant over.
    Maybe they are ring to say something rushy

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    You silly bugger Maca. Even I know that if I write $204.00 on a piece of A4 and stick it on my iPad no one else will be able to see it.
    you better post it out then?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

MaW
    Don't just go out and say it's $204, they might not know what to do with it as they have to apply it against the right thing.

Make sure you take in a printout that has that PFLAC barcode on it like the form that stug linked. They will scan that code and then take your $$.
    puku likes this.

And make sure you tick b,e and c.....
    I made the mistake of not ticking c.... so another 204....
    mikee likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    And make sure you tick b,e and c.....
    I made the mistake of not ticking c.... so another 204....
    Too late she cried!
    Beaker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaW View Post
    Don't just go out and say it's $204, they might not know what to do with it as they have to apply it against the right thing.

Make sure you take in a printout that has that PFLAC barcode on it like the form that stug linked. They will scan that code and then take your $$.

So if you apply for each individually its $204 each but apply for all at the same time and its a total cost of $204 ?
    Guy Fawks the only man to enter parliament with the interests of the people in mind