Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Going to give pistol shooting a go

R93
    What is a 9mm cone of fire sign off?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

@R93 They want to make sure you can hit the paper with 5 out of 5 shots at 25m. They guy two down from me only hit the paper about 7 out of 50 shots.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    @R93 They want to make sure you can hit the paper with 5 out of 5 shots at 25m. They guy two down from me only hit the paper about 7 out of 50 shots.
    Oh. Seems an unusual restriction.

Is it due to range setup or something?

As long as we don't break 180 it doesn't matter who can hit what😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Not sure why. Possibly because for the first 6 months you can pretty much only shoot on the 25m ranges and they don't want around exiting the range as it is reasonably busy around the range.

Induction process for range and club.
    Something like, 9 shoots with 22 on issf. Then a few with 9mm on issf, then something else and then round the back for ipsc. The something else and pay for a holster course. Then you can shoot any range?

It's only from memory, and I had a quick look on their web site, but couldn't find the full process. Would be keen on seeing it to.
    Also, what about visiting shooters from other ranges, how can you shoot there, restrictions etc....?
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

@Beaker that is about right. 7 shoots with .22 on ISSF range, then the 9mm COF which could be done the first go. Then the IPSC 9mm signoff. Haven't found out what that requires yet. Think there is also a range safety quizz before the 6 month thing. Then full member.

I think visiting shooters are OK if signed in by a full member. If you didn't know anyone there then Club days when the armourer is there are wednesday 6 - 8pm or Sunday 9am - 12 noon. Don't know if there is a range fee for the day (they have eftpos there). If you are a full PistolNZ member B endoresement can't see there being too many problems if any.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Induction process for range and club.
    Something like, 9 shoots with 22 on issf. Then a few with 9mm on issf, then something else and then round the back for ipsc. The something else and pay for a holster course. Then you can shoot any range?

It's only from memory, and I had a quick look on their web site, but couldn't find the full process. Would be keen on seeing it to.
    Also, what about visiting shooters from other ranges, how can you shoot there, restrictions etc....?
    No restrictions on visiting members on club days that I know of, $10 from memory for mini matches any other time with a full member would be fine. That's the process we have always run, inductions can have up to 30 people at the moment so that still equates to at least half continuing with shooting so we need a process to build up skill set before venturing around the back to IPSC. Gives the RO's more of a personal look at each shooter too make sure they aren't a danger to others or themselves.

I'll try and track down the full process and post it up.
    R93 and Beaker like this.

Best effort yet, pity I can't shoot like this with the 9mm

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  193.5 KB
    Beaker likes this.

Holster course starts this weekend, just over 2 months left.
    seano and Skatieguy like this.

@stug , if your free on a weekday during school hours ... let me know and we could catch up down there for a shoot

@seano unfortunately they don't let me out during school hours, maybe during the school holidays.

@seano unfortunately they don't let me out during school hours, maybe during the school holidays.
    They dont let me out much full stop lol
    All good we can jack something up ... Ill pop over and say hi on Sun when your doing your holster course ,or after it stick your head over to the multigun range ill no doubt be there , though I do have a early appointment taking the kids to "What Now TV" early Sun morning so may arrive little bit later than usual

will do, we are on the multigun range this weekend so no doubt will bump in to you.

My gear from Gunsupplies turned up for the holster course, but they sent a LH holster instead of a RH one GRRRRRR!!!! The guy on the phone didn't seem too concerned. They are sending another one down, but it won't get here before Sunday. I've got to post the other one back now, no offer of a discount to cover the cost of the postage. I was probably going to buy a pistol from them, won't bother with that now. Oh well, they lose out on $1600 that someone else can have.

My gear from Gunsupplies turned up for the holster course, but they sent a LH holster instead of a RH one GRRRRRR!!!! The guy on the phone didn't seem too concerned. They are sending another one down, but it won't get here before Sunday. I've got to post the other one back now, no offer of a discount to cover the cost of the postage. I was probably going to buy a pistol from them, won't bother with that now. Oh well, they lose out on $1600 that someone else can have.
    What are you going to be shooting on Sun at the course ? I can let you borrow a Glock or a CZ Shadow holster for the morning ? .... I have a mate who is also doing the course so I could give to him tomorrow as were going down to do some painting and putting up some new gongs etc... and he could pass on to you before the course starts .
    Beaker likes this.