Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

injector pump leak

my LN 106 Hi Lux is leaking diesel from the pump.now I can't get a WOF. The mechanic says the pump has to come off and go for a recon=1k+his time
    it starts 1st comp.and there is no smoke.
    The last couple of weeks it has at odd times, on first start, lost power and has to be pumped up,then its fine.
    this arvo cause the weather is crap I got a good light and had a look.the leak is coming from the end of the shaft with the big spring and bits.
    Name:  injector pump.jpg
Views: 3723
Size:  71.1 KB

help please
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Tried pricing a complete pump from the wreckers? Tried pricing the rebuild yourself outside Whakatane?

Mine has just done the same... the garage told me if it's from the throttle thingy he can do it and it's just an 'o' ring
    also aroung 5 hundy exchange from TM
    diesel injection pump hilux 3L | Trade Me
    Keep looking at trademe, the guys that do the reco engines also do the pumps on an exchange basis, none on there at mo...
    I bet your garage loves the ladie drivers that don't know shit

look'n better
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Simple - Take ya vehicle for a warrant somewhere else
    If its not sucking air - dont worry about it

Caretaker
    [QUOTE=madjon_;10265]my LN 106 Hi Lux is leaking diesel from the pump.now I can't get a WOF. The mechanic says the pump has to come off and go for a recon=1k+his time
    it starts 1st comp.and there is no smoke.
    The last couple of weeks it has at odd times, on first start, lost power and has to be pumped up,then its fine.
    this arvo cause the weather is crap I got a good light and had a look.the leak is coming from the end of the shaft with the big spring and bits.
    Attachment 876

Your throttle shaft has an "O" ring and some models a proper seal holding the primary fuel pressure in, lose primary pressure and you will have to pump it up again with the hand pump on the top of the fuel filter to get your engine to start/run.
    Your symptoms indicate air getting in past the worn "O" ring. I doubt the part would cost $2.
    Befriend a good spanner spinner and you should have the job tidied up for a $20 note.

More pills and Powder!! burtonator's Avatar
    Happens quite alot, just the orings getting worn.
    In our toyota workshop we send them away to get all o rings replaced as they all will be worn.
    Usual cost for time and orings Bout $350
    Life is the art of drawing without an eraser