Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    NRT

165 gr SST 30 cal

Just got some ,been using 165 nosler bt they should perform the same on deer i was thinking,like my hornady products could not get interlocks so will give these ago many fans out there ,and or haters.

There ok and in that weight shouldnt have any issues. I find them harder than the ballistic tips but have knowen them to blow up on occasion. All the deer ive shot with them have died pretty much instant.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I use them all the time on deer and pigs...good killers and very accurate in my .308 and 30.06

Use them in a 270 in 130 gr and deadly on reds and fallow

Link
    Had the odd blow up with 130's in the 270 but 150's in 308 seem to be working well so far....

I had a couple of blow ups with 150s out of 308. Should be better in 165 with lower launch speed and higher sd but i didn't try just went 130 ttsx and haven't looked back

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I use 140grn in my 6.5. They perform well. They are just a lump of lead and copper like most bullets. They all have the odd failure, and we seem to focus on these exceptions rather than the norm. We ask a hell of a lot of the things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    We ask a hell of a lot of the things.
    Yeah,like I'm gonna put 50,000lb PSI up your bum and your gonna land inside 1" half a mile down the track
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Those Interlocks you cant get hold of - were they flat base? I cant get a consistent zero with the 150 SST's yet the Interlocks are spot on at my 200m zero.. Ogives are different, as well as the base being BT - anyway...

Went to Waiuku range with the old man yesterday - tried some more loads to see what the hell the rifles likes.. Hornady proj's, 150gn, SST, and the humble Interlocks (SP) flat base... managed to get both the SSTs and the SP's in a 1/2 inch 3 shot group, though typically, 2 of them touched, and 1 flyer... tsk!! Just for a laugh, loaded up some 155gn Palma proj's... 1/4 inch grouping on the 100 yard range just fine.. all through the suppressor...

All good results - what gets me is why on earth it wasnt grouping the SSTs like that earlier! Just how many rounds does a stainless barrel need before its 'run in...'? anyways, targets aka proof, now reside above reloading table...

Pity that quality control is slipping in most facets on manufacture these days - hard enough sometimes to get that 'zero' without more factors introduced by a substandard projectile...
    im going to stick with the SP at the moment and see how we fare....

Did you load the them exactly the same as the first ones?
    VIVA LA HOWA

Sure did - thats the clincher..! Threw hands up in the air, shrugged shoulders after measuring the group, and said, well... it likes all of them! I put it away and got out the SLR for some exercise..! SST's shot about 1/2 inch to the right, but still grouped.