Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kelton
  • 1 Post By Gkp
  • 1 Post By Gkp

Thread: 2225 7mm blaser 180 vld results well partly

2225 7mm blaser 180 vld results well partly

Evening all,

Not long got in from testing some loads with 2225 180 vld hunter loads were

69gn starting load actually waisted these trying to find the target whoops
    69.5gn first shot located adjusted then 4 shot group .499.5
    70gn first two shots used to elevate then 3 shot group .341
    70.5gn first two shots left to right with adjustments then 3 shot group of .384

Fed 210
    Norma brass

Coal 3.384

All of these shot exceptionally in my opinion photos to follow iv just moved house and waiting on a internet connection and i find the phone painful to upload. So bare with me for a couple of days or week months how ever long it takes .

Best was 70gns however most hunters would be wrapped with any of them i certainly am iv spent next to no time behind the gun latly so i was wrapped with the shooting . I loaded 5 of each and used a couple of each to get towards center . 2 birds with one stone sighted in now scope had being off and previous load was 175 eldx rl 26

No crony so at least a month befor I can give any speeds i think il do 5 more of 70 and 5 more 70.5 with a clean target with a decent bulls eye not an inso tape cross and a crony and pick from their. No signs of pressure either

Cheers
    Matt2308 likes this.

Nice one, thanks for the report. Did you chronograph them? Would be interested to hear what velocity.

No i didnt unfortunately as didnt have one available. Hine sight maybe i should have loaded a few extra as I have done in the past and verified it at 500 i used two shots of most loads to find center and then shot 3 shot groups one 4 shot itll be at least a month before i can shed any light on that. I do no the 2225 send the 175 eldx absolutley flying in my old rem mag 24" barrel so id imagine with this 26" tube and the way the blaser seems to go it must be around 3000 somewhere the 175 was doing 3100+ in rem mag hot load the 175 eldx was doing 3060fps in blaser mild load rl26 so really i have no idea but am very very curious and eager to find out

Cheers

Nice I will wait for a month then! I have been down a similar path to you. 7mm RM with 2225 and the 180gr eldm at 2970 from a 24inch barrel and now also a 7 blaser mag with the 180/ rl26 combo at 3060 from a 25inch barrel. Have wondered about trying the 2225 in the blaser as this powder is very accurate in my Rem mag. Cheers

Gkp
    What sort of groups are you getting mate? Post some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkp View Post
    What sort of groups are you getting mate? Post some pics.
    All details in top post mate.

Gkp
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    All details in top post mate.
    Missed that. That's pretty good.
    What jump are you giving the 180's? My Blaser with the 180 eldm like 20 thou
    chainsaw likes this.

[QUOTE=Gkp;971141]Missed that. That's pretty good.
    What jump are you giving the 180's? My Blaser with the 180 eldm like i

Itd be about 20thou to be honest i loaded a dummy round long blackened projectile worked back untill just touching. I have the vld seating bush with micro meter so wound down 20though from their . Im sure theirs more accurate ways and it might not be exactly 20thou given how i first went about finding the lands but its shooting so im happy . What powder are you running?

Very eager to get a velocity and shoot a full 5 shot group even more eager to start hunting with the vld

Gkp
    G'day, I am using 69 grains of rl26 to get just under 0.3 moa. 3 shots 3090fps. First 2 shots though the same hole
    I used a cutting disc on the angle grinder and cut through the neck. I then burred up the projectile to help with neck tension. Waxed the ogive so it didn't stick in the lands. Loaded the round gently and removed slowly, then used the hornady O. A. L gauge to measure BTO. Repeated several times to insure my measuring was correct.
    I use the micro seating gauge and measure the BTO as I seat each load.
    Painful process but fortunately it I am not a target shooter so I don't need to do too often. Name:  IMG_20200326_172501.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  2.85 MB
    chainsaw likes this.

Gkp
    G'day, I am using 69 grains of rl26 to get just under 0.3 moa. 3 shots 3090fps. First 2 shots though the same hole
    I used a cutting disc on the angle grinder and cut through the neck. I then burred up the projectile to help with neck tension. Waxed the ogive so it didn't stick in the lands. Loaded the round gently and removed slowly, then used the hornady O. A. L gauge to measure BTO. Repeated several times to insure my measuring was correct.
    Painful process but fortunately it I am not a target shooter so I don't need to do too often. Attachment 133930

Painful process but fortunately it I am not a target shooter so I don't need to do too often. Attachment 133930
    Thats the same powder load i was running for the 175eldx worked mint am intrested to test velocity thats for sure regardless its more than accurate enough so im happy going to be a long time waiting im picking

Whats the set up?

Gkp