Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By omark

Thread: 223ai neck sizing

223ai neck sizing

Anyone here running a 223 lee collett neck die for the 223ai? Iv seen a few reports of it working but just wanted to double check. Tried my Redding neck die but didn't work. Deformed the shoulder slightly. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Slightly off topic but what's your opinion of the .223 AI compared to that standard .223 with pros and cons?

Try the hornady .224 neck die

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes works well. After using the collett I wouldn’t go back to the conventional neck die with graphite powder etc
    Need to keep the collett lubed and mine was a bit rough but resolved with a bit of fine wet & dry
    muzr257 likes this.

The Lee collet die will work well, but you’ll need a FL .223ai die to bump the shoulders back after a few firings.

Hey cheers. Yea got a set of 223 ai dies. Ill use my 223 seating die as I like the Forster bench seating die a bit better than the 223ai lee set.
    Iv only just got it. So can't really do a good comparison, I got this one as it has a 1/8 twist for some slightly heavier projectiles then my 1/12 223.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk