Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Puffin
  • 1 Post By southernman

Thread: 25/06

25/06

Now I know they usually have and probably should have a 24" barrel but is anyone running a 20" on their 25/06.

Also does anyone have any once fired brass for sale.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

my poohseventy came from factory at 21" and it has done me fine over the years...IF I ever rebarrel it will be 26" to get that extra few fps possible. you WILL NEED suppressor or new mates and hearing aids before your due time,wish Id fitted one years earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    my poohseventy came from factory at 21" and it has done me fine over the years...IF I ever rebarrel it will be 26" to get that extra few fps possible. you WILL NEED suppressor or new mates and hearing aids before your due time,wish Id fitted one years earlier.
    Yea it will be suppressed I've got it for my son in law.
    mine always had a 24" barrel

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

.257 improved here, 19" barrel takes 55gr of 2213SC behind the 115gr Berger VLD for 2940 ft/sec. 3150ft/sec when the barrel was 24". Quite a hot load, just under where pockets begin to open. The other change is that it is now too noisy to be unsuppressed. I imagine the 25-06 would be similar. QuickLOAD modeled the barrel length change very well, so would probably be a good predictor for a reduction in length in the -06 if you have access to a copy.
    Mathias likes this.

Ive got a big bag of brass, in the garage,
    Out of the country at the moment, but you could meet up with the old man, to pick sum up, cost you a box beer. good slection of bullets if you want to try a few,
    My Sako dost shoot the light weights very well,
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    Ive got a big bag of brass, in the garage,
    Out of the country at the moment, but you could meet up with the old man, to pick sum up, cost you a box beer. good slection of bullets if you want to try a few,
    My Sako dost shoot the light weights very well,
    Thanks Southern man that would be awesome I've had a few over the years but gave away all my projectiles to others.
    What beer do you want.
    Flick me a pm and I'll Cath up with your old man.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk