Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 30-06 brass

30-06 brass

When last did you see some of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One is a Lake City, us mil brass right

Yeah, that’s right, the DM is from Des Moines Ordnance plant, both where made in 1942.

I got about 70 of these when I bought some 270 win brass of a fella a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LC is good brass. I use it in my .223.

Greetings All,
    By all accounts there was a lot of surplus ammunition about after WW 2, both .30-06 and .303. Denver .30-06 brass DEN was sought after as it had a hard head that took a lot of pressure before it expanded. Denver brass was likely responsible for many of the fire cracker hot loads in early handloading data from the intrepid years. Recently a few DI Z 1942 head stamped .303 cases arrived in my shed. DI stands for Defence Industries in Montreal. Z means they were originally loaded with nitro cellulose powder and 1942 stands for well 1942. The cases were boxer primed, once fired and in good condition so they were neck annealed and hand loaded with 174 grain round nose projectiles for my scoped .303. The rifle was made in 1942 at Long Branch in Toronto just upstream from Montreal. I don't know about you but I find that an elegant outcome.
    Regards Grandpamac.