Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 300 Rum Brass Cases

300 Rum Brass Cases

Late last year I tested some 300 Rum brass, trying to find "better" brass for the 338 Edge.

I got some Federal, old Remington, new Remington, Bertram, Nosler & Norma.

It was interesting.

The Federal was the smallest in diameter & the Bertram was the largest, therefore had less to grow to fit the chamber.

The Federal "lost" its primer pocket first & the Bertram last, The Bertram was showing bad pressure signs before the primer pockets got loose.

The Nosler/Norma was second softest after the Federal, then the Bertram, then the Remington.

I decided that I would continue to use the Remington over the Bertram & wasn't interested in using the Nosler/Norma even though it is very nice brass with thick necks great for turning, but price & primer pocket longevity were against it.

The Nosler/Norma is the same brass in this case, the same weight, diameter, neck thickness, capacity & head section.

It looks from the sectioned cases that the Norma 300 Rum brass has the same head structure/design as the New Blaser Magnum cases.

This makes sense as Norma can use the same tooling to make both.

Name:  22 target & Rum Brass 013 (480x640) (2).jpg
Views: 8426
Size:  175.0 KB

L.R
    So what your saying is that anything built on a blaser mag case will have shit brass life? Seems like the only reason you have posted this now.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    So what your saying is that anything built on a blaser mag case will have shit brass life? Seems like the only reason you have posted this now.
    So you are saying Norma brass is shit ??

L.R
    No your saying its longevity is poor. I use it quite a bit and don't have any issues with it if its loaded to a reasonable level.

No your saying its longevity is poor. I use it quite a bit and don't have any issues with it if its loaded to a reasonable level.
    I was talking specifically about 300 Rum brass because that is what I tested.

Yes its longevity can be poor if you load it to get the same speeds as other brass, say Lapua in 338 Lapua Mag for instance.

As I said it is very nice brass, in the 338 Edge I believe there are better choices, it won't stand up as well as Remington.

Yes it will last very well if loaded to a reasonable level, but so will all brass, if it doesn't it wasn't loaded to a reasonable level for that particular brass in that particular case.

so norma are making brass for nosler?

L.R
    If you were talking specifically about Rum brass why did you reference the blaser mag brass at the end? You obviously haven't played with any of it, and you know that Abe's new wingman is based off it. Seems the whole post was just about trying to get a dig in about the wingman brass.

Quote Originally Posted by scoped View Post
    so norma are making brass for nosler?
    That is the general concensus, but I am talking about 300 Rum brass.

300 Rum Norma Brass is exactly the same as 300 Nosler Brass that I tested, except for the headstamp.

Same weight, capacity, neck thickness, head diameter, velocity & pressure indications for given powder charge, same head dimensions when sectioned.

If you were talking specifically about Rum brass why did you reference the blaser mag brass at the end? You obviously haven't played with any of it, and you know that Abe's new wingman is based off it. Seems the whole post was just about trying to get a dig in about the wingman brass.
    Be careful L.R. You're the one putting words in peoples mouths here. If you start a shit fight I will delete your posts. If you have evidence to the oppisite of what KG has presented then by all means publish it and contribute to the discussion.
    Grim, DAF and kiwijames like this.

L.R
    What am I being careful of mate?
    You guys delete anything that is posted that doesn't suit you and your mates anyway.

I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth, I'm simply questioning KG on his TRUE intent of his post.

Why does the post have to have "intent" ?

Reading too much into it .

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

What am I being careful of mate?
    You guys delete anything that is posted that doesn't suit you and your mates anyway.

I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth, I'm simply questioning KG on his TRUE intent of his post.
    You're assuming his "true" intent is what you percive it to be. If there were references published by KG that were directed at Abe then I would say the same to him.... Abe is a big boy and if he dissagrees with what KG has posted he too can post his points of view and any evidence to support it. Your first question is fine, albeit a bit blunt. Play the ball, not the man.

L.R
    Then why is there a reference to 300 blaser mag? A Caliber that no one has had fuck all to do with. Seems like a obvious dig to me.
    I'm sure Abe can stand up for himself, only problem is every time he does he gets the DELETE threats too.

AB Precision
    Then why is there a reference to 300 blaser mag? A Caliber that no one has had fuck all to do with. Seems like a obvious dig to me.
    I'm sure Abe can stand up for himself, only problem is every time he does he gets the DELETE threats too.
    +1
    It's about 300 rum brass why even talk about blaser brass?

It would be like me going wank wank 284 lapua brass and Winchester but oh don't forget 17hmr brass. . . . . . .

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

R93
    Dunno why you guys are arguing over anything Blaser. I got a pm yesty pointing out that owning a blaser, is just owning an over engineered status symbol LMFAO
    Spanners likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.