Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

300 wsm Tikka T3 AR2209

Hi.. Just wondering if anyone has any load info for the above..
    I'm using AR2209 powder.. Also have some Lapua E314 175gr projectiles.
    Was planning on using 180gr with 60grain but the 180gr projectiles I've got are a tad long for the short mag.
    Just looking for a good starting point as my current data doesn't have the 300 wsm charge.
    More than likely start at 60 or 62 but if anyone has other ideas.... may same some time.
    Cheers

According to ADI, min is 61.0 and max is 65.0

ADI Powders Handloaders' Guide

I used 2217 in my winmag, but couldn't get enough powder in to get really good velocities, so cant comment any further.

Chris

I am working on a load for the very same rifle (brothers). So far I have tried up to 64.5 grains of 2209 with a 180 grain SMK. Shot about 3/4 inch. Didn't play with seating depth just mag fit. Currently trying a 168 grain AMAX and shoots around 1/2 inch (most of the time!). Using 65 grains of 2209 and yet to chrony. Once again bullet seated to mag length. This load will probably end up his 5 - 600 yard choice.

Im using 208s in the 300 wsm finnlight tried 2209 didnt like it, RL22 and 17 was ok , am using 2213 sc works good loaded to lenght 2.940"which fits the mag its the slower of three but by all accounts its temp stable .Im dealing with a big jump but A max shoots well enough, sc powder is not overly fast seating closer to the lands would help that ,im thinking i may cut the front section of the mag down to just above the latch openning - then dia grind 1 mm form the metal work would alllow a couple more mm longer in seating to play with .. The N550 has had the best results with the lighter 165s grn for me ..

If you dont mind spending the money, try some 168gr ttsx and start at about 64gr. Of rl-17. Is an amazing round in my tikka 300wsm. Im using 68.0 and not showing pressure issues