Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: .38 S&W

.38 S&W

Anyone loading .38 S&W?
    I’m shooting what I think is either a model 12 or model 15. (Model 10 with adjustable sights)
    I’ve just started with 2.3gr of Win 231 and 145gr lead bullets. Various data sources say 2.6gr max of 231 but I’m waiting on an order of 158gr SWC’s before I work up to that.
    The .358 dia lead projectiles seem to group decently despite the .361 bore size, as good as my CZ75 9mm.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by -BW- View Post
    Anyone loading .38 S&W?
    I’m shooting what I think is either a model 12 or model 15. (Model 10 with adjustable sights)
    I’ve just started with 2.3gr of Win 231 and 145gr lead bullets. Various data sources say 2.6gr max of 231 but I’m waiting on an order of 158gr SWC’s before I work up to that.
    The .358 dia lead projectiles seem to group decently despite the .361 bore size, as good as my CZ75 9mm.
    I do but use totally different powder and projectiles.
    Only use them for service match so not smoking along by any means

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Hi mate, which club does service matches? Which rule set and match code do you use? Or is it a club based thing? I’m looking to get something started where I shoot

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by -BW- View Post
    Hi mate, which club does service matches? Which rule set and match code do you use? Or is it a club based thing? I’m looking to get something started where I shoot
    Most of them as far as I am aware.
    We even have postal matches etc.

We shoot a service match once a month or so at our club.
    There is a proper format that has to be followed. Not sure if it is provided by PNZ or not. We have a book that outlines structured matches.
    That's all I know about it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.