Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 45acp

Thread: 45acp

45acp

Hey team,

Not that I’m going to be able to test this but was curious if anyone was running a similar load.

Running both zero and campro 230gr projectiles and went through an old Sierra reloading manual and it gives the accuracy load of 5.2gr of titegroup for similar grain projectiles!

Curious as I’m no way near there in my current load using titegroup? The 5.2gr It gives a velocity of 850, I was going to make a few for shits and giggles for when I’m able to get to the range!

Cheers

5.2grs is up there, max load in the Hornady manual and on Hodgdons site is 4.8grs.

I ran 4.6grs of Titegroup with 230gr Berry projectiles. Never happy with it so went back to AP70.

Quote Originally Posted by duckdog View Post
    5.2grs is up there, max load in the Hornady manual and on Hodgdons site is 4.8grs.

I ran 4.6grs of Titegroup with 230gr Berry projectiles. Never happy with it so went back to AP70.
    Interesting, I use same load and she reasonably accurate, but when I read 5.2 I thought the same thing, that’s up there alright! The one thing I haven’t done it run it over a chrono to see the velocity

I use ap70 in my 9mm and love it for my OO and solid slugs in my shotgun, will need to get some more, been keeping busy!

Hi again, I did run higher in my comped running really hot almost 7 gr with 154gr it made zero point at 50m still use it every now and then. still like the 200g and seems stable and accurate between 4.8 and 4.9, and yep a bit pricey on powder and found it very clean burning. Is titegroup similar as i have never tried it. cheers all

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tertle View Post
    Interesting, I use same load and she reasonably accurate, but when I read 5.2 I thought the same thing, that’s up there alright! The one thing I haven’t done it run it over a chrono to see the velocity

I use ap70 in my 9mm and love it for my OO and solid slugs in my shotgun, will need to get some more, been keeping busy!
    I have a container or AP70N if you are interested. Brought it 2yrs ago and never used. I am close enough to ChCh

cheers Moa but im up north

Apologies Moa just reread and understood your posting... der just a newby getting it wrong, but getting the jist of the site. cheers
    Moa Hunter likes this.