Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By jakewire
  • 1 Post By 300_BLK

Thread: 6.5 130gr sierra game changers

northdude

6.5 130gr sierra game changers

im looking for one bullet to use in my 6.5 06 and thinking something 130gr is what i want i know theres no perfect do everything bullet for targets and hunting but considering the 130 game changers 500m if that is my max range id shoot at any one using these so far ive tried 120 speer gold dots 120 match kings and 140 interlocks on targets and all shot well also tried the gold dots on goats and they were pretty brutal as far as damage went but i like them the best out of what ive tried so far

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    im looking for one bullet to use in my 6.5 06 and thinking something 130gr is what i want i know theres no perfect do everything bullet for targets and hunting but considering the 130 game changers 500m if that is my max range id shoot at any one using these so far ive tried 120 speer gold dots 120 match kings and 140 interlocks on targets and all shot well also tried the gold dots on goats and they were pretty brutal as far as damage went but i like them the best out of what ive tried so far
    I am using 143gr ELD-X’s for everything - hunting, PRS. Good BC. Only goes subsonic at about 1300y and is still well within the specs to do what it should do when hunting out to 700y.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What you see, is what you get!

northdude
    yea they seem popular as well

130 or 140gn Accubonds would be my pick

I have tried the Sako 6.5x55 factory load with the game changer 130 in my tikka and they shoot really well.
    I have not tried it on game. But it would be one to consider as well.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Northdude ,l think the advantages the 6.5 06 gives you over , say the x55 warrants the heaviest bullet with the best BC that does the job you want that's accurate in your rifle.Anything else is a watse.
    130gr game changers would be fine to your chosen range if accurate but if you wanted to stretch it ???
    I'd certainly be looking at the 143Gr Edlx, if accurate in your rifle it would be great alrounder.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

northdude likes this.
    Warm Barrels!

MSL
    Who are you shooting at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the 130gn GC in my short barrel 260, shot quite a few deer (10m to 300m) and they work fine but if I was you I’d be using the 143 eldx in that rifle to utilise the hp.
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by 300_BLK View Post
    looks good

northdude
    whats the difference between eldm and eldx

I've used 130 Berger VLD's on game and out to 1200m gongs.

ELD-M's are softer thanks to a thinner jacket and no cavity below the tip unlike ELD-X's.

northdude
    ok thanks the other thing im thinking is if i go for what everyone else is using and i know they are using them for a reason just when i need some they will have run out down the road a bit so if i go for a less popular but still good performer i wont have that problem was even conemplating a 140 interlock or 140 gold dot

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    ok thanks the other thing im thinking is if i go for what everyone else is using and i know they are using them for a reason just when i need some they will have run out down the road a bit so if i go for a less popular but still good performer i wont have that problem was even conemplating a 140 interlock or 140 gold dot
    Once i find a load on my next two i plan on buying couple boxs of projos for each 200 for each will see me a good years id say. I made the mistake of letting powder get to low befor buying more and it was unavailable at the time . Il make an effort to always make sure iv got spare components when i find that good load