Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By zimmer

Thread: 6mmBR Small Base Body die

6mmBR Small Base Body die

I know it's a long shot, but anyone have a Redding 6mmBR small base body die I can beg, borrow or rent?
    I have one on order but could be a while and I've a weeks hunting coming up ................

Please PM if you can help. Thanks.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Would a 308 family die work on just the base. Assuming you have a bump or FL die already. May be an easier find.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Good thought. A .308 small base die would probably work - but I don't have one of those either :-(

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_noddy View Post
    Good thought. A .308 small base die would probably work - but I don't have one of those either :-(
    I still may have one from my original 6mmBR. When I rebarreled the new chamber was different and I didn't need to use a SB die any more. I will have to do a wee search.
    Whereabouts are u m8?

Thanks Zimmer. I'd appreciate if you could have a look. I'm Christchurch based.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Could it be faster and similar priced to run a standard reamer up it as a thought?
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

You're lucky, I was able to find it in my mess. For loan with postage at your cost.
    Name:  6mmBR SB Body.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  492.4 KB
    BRADS and septic like this.

Much obliged. I'll send you a PM. Thanks for your help.