Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wsm junkie

Thread: 7 LRM

7 LRM

hi guys, just rechambered my tikka to 7 LRM and I’m after some load data for the 180gr eldm. I have some RL22 on hand so will work with that, but any other info would be helpful

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Grimus View Post
    hi guys, just rechambered my tikka to 7 LRM and I’m after some load data for the 180gr eldm. I have some RL22 on hand so will work with that, but any other info would be helpful

Cheers
    Go join longrange hunting .com and post a question on their forum/ or do a search there... lots helpful knowledgable folk there...

Google it. Assuming the 7LRM is yet another variant of the 375RCM type case then you’d be better off starting with a much slower powder. ADI2225 or RL26 or 33

Quote Originally Posted by matagouri View Post
    Go join longrange hunting .com and post a question on their forum/ or do a search there... lots helpful knowledgable folk there...
    Thanks mate, I’ve done plenty of searching but most of the load data is for H1000. I’ll join that forum and ask cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Google it. Assuming the 7LRM is yet another variant of the 375RCM type case then you’d be better off starting with a much slower powder. ADI2225 or RL26 or 33
    thanks mate I’ll look for any info these too

@camo wsm what loads did you run in yours Cam?

I ran 2217 or 2225 in mine

2225 worked for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am interested to know if the twist rate is sufficient. Usually at 7RM velocities it would be too slow for 180ELDM, but given the added velocity it just might be ok.

@ChrisW I run the 180eldm in my 7mm08ai with standard 9.5 twist Tikka barrel at 2650 and they stabilize fine
    ChrisW likes this.

Just a follow up, ran a ladder today with 2217 and .015” off the lands. Accuracy node at 70.5gr and 71gr with no pressure signs (in my rifle) Will need to chrono and fine tune at a later date, but for now it’s decent combo