Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

7 mm rem mag reloader 25

Hi i have a rem 700 with a 26 inch tube
    I have 154 sst s and a half pound of reloader 25. Ive struggled to find load data and was wondering what everyone else is having luck with for a powder charge.
    I found a max of 71.3 in the hornady book. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Stay off the ridgeline.
    The only good assumption is to assume that movement, shape, colour, sound, is always human. Follow this rule and identify your target.

with the rem i would start at @68gn and work your way up, they all like different things. RL25 pretty slow burn for the 154gn pill, RL20 or AR2213-2217 would be other options...always check loads for any pressure signs, run it over a chrony to get reliable speed data.

hot barrels.
    God only made a few perfect people, the rest shoot Right Handed...

Cutting Edge Bullets Terminator's Avatar
    I was using 72gr R25 with 162 amax
    1000yds is fun, 1500yds is getting interesting, 2000yds is exciting, 2500yds will blow your mind

Same around 72-73 gns with 162AMAXs, so for 154 pill you’d be that and a little more. But work up safely

Hi thanks for the information gives me real world starting point think ill start just under 72 and work up. cheers.
    Stay off the ridgeline.
    The only good assumption is to assume that movement, shape, colour, sound, is always human. Follow this rule and identify your target.