Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shootm

Thread: 7mm rem 154sst 2213sc

Link

7mm rem 154sst 2213sc

Hi guys,

Have dabbled with the 162 eldx in my tikka 7mm rem mag with average results, before trying the superformance 154sst. These group around .5 MOA for me so am looking to develop a load for them. The superformance case doesnt sound like a full or compressed load so am going to try and work something up with 2213sc. Just wondering if anyone has done so in the past and would be kind enough to share. Cheers

This may or may not be helpful but I'm shooting 150gn Nosler BTs in a standard T3 with 70gns of 2213sc. Well over book max but no signs of excessive pressure and good velocity.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Fulla
    My rifle shot superformance 154sst fairly well, so I decided to make a load with them. Couldn't get them to shoot anywhere near what the superformance did.
    Must be some superformance magic in there. The factory rounds were really quite warm/hot too! Showing mild pressure signs.

I used to rock the 154sst in front of 2225 if i remember correctly, Grouped amazingly and I was very happy with the velocity. I hunted Tahr with that loading for a bit until I used them all up and had very good results and it fed the house for quite some time. But of course I wanted to improve so went to the 162vmax, Still don't know why

I tried the factory Superformance loads and got 3154fps. Tried to duplicate it, couldn't quite match it. Settled on a load of 70gn's 2213SC behind the 154SST, shoots real accurate, but haven't put it over the crony yet. but I think that load may be a bit hot.

Link
    Thanks very much for the info guys. Do you know what velocity you were getting @Husky1600

Link
    My bad mate just saw you haven't put it over the chrony yet ��. I didnt chrony the superformance in mine but judging by the drop at 600m it seems be going somewhere around 3040fps in my rifle. If I can handload the 154sst to around 3100 I'd be happy

Not what you were asking but what loads did you try with 162s?

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    This may or may not be helpful but I'm shooting 150gn Nosler BTs in a standard T3 with 70gns of 2213sc. Well over book max but no signs of excessive pressure and good velocity.
    My old Ruger was the same load. Well over book but no excessive pressure signs either, they were doing 3250fps out of a 24” tube.
    Obviously work up to your chosen load.
    Shearer likes this.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!