Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kiwi Greg

Thread: 7mm rem mag, nosler accubonds

7mm rem mag, nosler accubonds

Hi Has any tried the 168 nosler accubond Lr with good success. Im running a Tikka, bell and Carson stock, DPT suppressor. Currently doing development with ELD-X 162 with varied success. Have a Nate that shot the A-Max 162's but these are unavailable now.. Cheers team

What kind of problems are you running into with the ELD-X?

I've tried seating them 1/2 tho off lands and only got about an inch grouping. I then tried seating factory length and got 1 reasonable group at 71 grains also tried seating halfway between factory length and 1/2 tho off lands and got a reasonable group at 73 grains. I'll try again but while doing development I was considering the accubonds.

Ah one of those situations, can be very frustrating. For the 6.5 ELD-X I did a 20 round ladder test in 0.2gr increments to find velocity flat spots for the ELD-X, and selected the higher one. This was at SAAMI c.o.a.l. Then I made up another 9 rounds in 3 groups of 3 with varying jump, starting at max mag length, which is 0.050” off max c.o.a.l., then 0.070”, 0.090”. The groups were pretty much identical, all around 0.4-0.6 MOA in a vice and rear bag. So I stuck with the max mag length load. I could try and get it down to a third MOA and consistent single digit ES and SD, but can’t really be bothered and its not necessary for what that rifle does.

My Tassie shooting buddy used 168gr Accubond LRs in a .280 Rem for a while. They worked very well accuracy wise but not that much better than anything else really. They were too hard for fallow in 7mm. Harder than ELD-X for sure. Several passes throughs and runners. The price of them was too high also, the amount we were shooting was getting up there. He’s shooting ELD-M now.

Yea its frustrating but part of the process. Maybe I should try a vice I'm just doing mine off bipod. Ive got a mate who used to shoot the A MAX and they where great but as I said at start they are unavailable now, I had thought about trying the ELD-M which is meant to be the replacement. I'll try bit more with ELD-X first its still early days..Cheers @Flyblown

Put up a want to buy for AMAXs - you might be surprised what’s available from guys who stocked up big time

Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Sorry, my 162 Amaxs are long gone

Try the 162 ELDM, ELDX & SST at magazine length, one should work & you should get between 2950 & 3050 fps with a factory 24" barrel & 2225

I've been sussing out my Tikka 7RM too with the 162 ELDX, so far best results have been 73gr 2225 seated at standard length (3.29in) for an easy half inch group. seems fairly consistent with what other guys here have been doing.

Could not get my T3 to shoot eld-m 162’s and 2217 or 2225. Groups were 1.25-1.5 moa no matter what I tried. Went with 154g sst’s and 2225 and it’s .5 moa.