Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8mm Yugo

8mm Yugo

I have just had my 8mm yugo re barreled with a brand new walther replacement barrel, I had developed a load with 170 grain speers for the old stuffed barrel and now time to work up a new load. I have obtained some 196grain sellier and bellot fmj boat tails and using ar2208 loaded some test loads from 42grains up to 45grains yet to test them.
    Anyone used these pills and found a good load, the rifle is still using iron sights and will remain unmolested as i use it in service rifle matches.

had good results with the 195gr hornadys and 2208 started at 42
    Name:  IMG_20190206_103340.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  3.16 MB( abit of a loose group but minute deer) but better at 44gr ..... havent tried the s&b tho
    Name:  311219.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  2.00 MB

I have tried the factory 196 grain sellier and bellot and shot ok, so i purchased some of the same projectiles. The barrel is from what i was told suited to the heavy pills. What was recoil like scotty.

i dont seem to have issues with recoil felt....mines not a yugo but brno x czech border guard (so military )sporterised i guess you could say barrel length is 19 inch
    Name:  IMG_20191231_101104[181].jpg
Views: 152
Size:  1.87 MB
    where did you source the barrel (i'd be keen to have an 8mm in a modern action a few riflemakers make them but dont seem to offer them up here in nz)

The barrel was imported from germany i think and is the lother walther barrel,direct replcement for a K98. Local gunsmith sourced it for me and fitted it and refitted the iron sites. Im ok with the recoil but when the loads are getting near max the felt recoil does increase dramatically. You can find the website under Lother Walther

cheers