Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By TeRei
  • 2 Post By Wingman

Thread: 95 gr Noslar BT in the 243 Win

95 gr Noslar BT in the 243 Win

Picked up a box of the above projectiles to try out. The 90 gr version showed promise in my rifle and the 95 gr SST shoots well so I thought I would try these out.
    Who has tried them out, and has anyone got a pet load that has shot well for them. I use 2209, 2213sc, and Superformance in the 243 mostly so anything using those powders would be a great start.

My son used to use them for long range sniping on sika stags. They are brutal.Used 2209; 43gr's.They are very accurate..
    mucko, Mooseman and Micky Duck like this.

Hey mooseman, I recently got a 243 and have been doing load dev using 95SST. Tried some H414 I have, didn't really work that well. Have a batch of 2209 reloads to try this weekend. Whats your Superformance load like in 243? I ve only used it in my 3006 pushing 200grs.

They are all I run in my 6mm Dasher, crazy accurate and IMO the best hunting bullet for the 6mm out there. I just wish they made a 105-110gr version of that bullet.
    Mooseman and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robojaz View Post
    Hey mooseman, I recently got a 243 and have been doing load dev using 95SST. Tried some H414 I have, didn't really work that well. Have a batch of 2209 reloads to try this weekend. Whats your Superformance load like in 243? I ve only used it in my 3006 pushing 200grs.
    I have tried some 80 gr TTSX with 44grs Superformance for 3010 fps average. The 90 gr Sierra GC with 43 grs S F for 2868 fps average but neither were accurate. 2209 at 40 grs with the 95 gr SST gives 2942 fps average and 13 to 17 mm groups at 100 yds, I am hoping the BT will be as good.