Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

adi benchmark 8208

just reading the manuals and it looks to have a clear advantage for heavy pills in 7mm08 and not bad in 223. anyone tried it yet?

Use it in .223 with 55gn, 69gn
    Goes great, brought 4 more tins

LJP
    Quote Originally Posted by horihunter View Post
    just reading the manuals and it looks to have a clear advantage for heavy pills in 7mm08 and not bad in 223. anyone tried it yet?
    Yip been there - tried that. Stick to 2209 or RL17 - much better velocity. The only time I think I'd entertain 8208 would be if you were loading say the 162gr Amax to mag length then I'd give that powder a try as so much powder space has just been eaten up by bullet way back into the powder column. It was accurate in my long throated 7mm08 but slower than I wanted for a hunting load.

Im stuck in bed vomiting so doing a lot of reading looking for "theoretical gains" to pass the time. I'm getting 2610fps in 19" barrel with 2208 seating pills to mag length, was entertaining the idea of trying a new powder even though this setup is more than capable for its intended use
    edit to add thats with 162gr amax
    Last edited by distant stalker; 17-09-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Try H335, will work better with the lighter projectiles though

LJP
    Another consideration - Rechamber to 284 Winchester. Even in a short action there would be at least a 100fps gain. I think I saw a semi custom 284 on Trademe at not a bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    Another consideration - Rechamber to 284 Winchester. Even in a short action there would be at least a 100fps gain. I think I saw a semi custom 284 on Trademe at not a bad price.
    That would be pretty intense pressure for the suppressor on a 19" barrel wouldnt it?
    Your just playing on my weakness and tempting me to spend even more time, money and effort on it arent you

LJP
    Check out .284 Win Custom | Trade Me at your peril