Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By gundoc
  • 2 Post By R93
  • 3 Post By nzfubz
  • 1 Post By Rock river arms hunter

Thread: Alliant bullseye powder

Alliant bullseye powder

Hi folks.

Thinking of changing from AP70N( was given a tin to learn to reload my 40 with) to something like tight group but then I saw the Alliant bullseye powder ?

Anyone tried it and if so how did it go?

Cheers folks

Bullseye has long been a popular powder for pistol target loads but probably a bit scarce these days. I use Winchester Super Target for .38 Special, 9mm and .45 ACP. For my 10mm I use Winchester Super Field which is probably better for the .40 S&W. The Winchester powders are very clean burning and are fine ball powders that meter perfectly through all measures. I think Bullseye will be a bit fast for the .40 unless you have very light loads.
    shooternz likes this.

R93
    Heap of us in the standard squad use titegroup in 40 and I now have a good 9mm load using it. It just works.
    My fear is once it gets really popular, the price will go up.
    Vit N320 was my fav and go to powder but it got way too dear to run that for me. I can say if you can get hold of your fav powder now, rifle, pistol or shotgun buy it in bulk soon as you can. I have been told there is going to be around a 10% min price increase regarding most components soon.

Get hold of Bill at Rusa reloading. Pretty sure you know him? He has the best prices on Titegroup and projectiles that I know of.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    nzfubz and seano like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

You probably won't get better performance for the money in a 40 than titegroup

Sent from small rectangular device
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Heap of us in the standard squad use titegroup in 40 and I now have a good 9mm load using it. It just works.
    My fear is once it gets really popular, the price will go up.
    Vit N320 was my fav and go to powder but it got way too dear to run that for me. I can say if you can get hold of your fav powder now, rifle, pistol or shotgun buy it in bulk soon as you can. I have been told there is going to be around a 10% min price increase regarding most components soon.

Get hold of Bill at Rusa reloading. Pretty sure you know him? He has the best prices on Titegroup and projectiles that I know of.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    @R93 considering I need 5k projectiles already from him.

And hes a great sort. Well I'll be getting in touch ;-)
    R93 likes this.