Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By ihmsakiwi
  • 1 Post By andyanimal31
  • 1 Post By Moutere
  • 1 Post By 10-Ring
  • 1 Post By Tech
  • 1 Post By 10-Ring
  • 2 Post By Steelisreal
  • 1 Post By Tikka7mm08
  • 1 Post By TeRei

Thread: AMP Annealing

Banned

AMP Annealing

These are relatively new in Canada, can anyone give me +/- or opinions on this product?

Some of my Lapua SRP Brass is in need of reconditioning, and I have yet to find a torch based annealer that is consistent enough for my liking.

I have been using a CNC Burr to rev chamfer the necks on my current brass, but that only gets you so far with bushing dies.

Thanks!

Hi Got Juice,

Have you read the numerous articles on the below web-site.

They love it.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/sea...&o=relevance&c[node]=1
    Got Juice? likes this.

Pro: If you want utterly consistent neck tension then this is a big step in the right direction

Con: Spendy.

If you can afford it, buy one. We are lucky here that the range I belong to has one available to members to use. It's so easy to set up for your brass. I had been using the preset programmes, but recently obliterated one of each of the batches of cases I have in the Aztec mode. Now I have customized programmes for every lot.

I haven't done any testing to see if there is any distinct advantage to annealing every single firing. I have relied on reading widely on the internet to convince me it's worthwhile.

It seems (from online research) that annealing won't make your loads more accurate, but it can minimise one variable that can lead to inconsistency.

Buy it, you wont regret it!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Got Juice? likes this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Buy with confidence, it does exactly as it says it will do.
    Got Juice? likes this.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Very pleased with mine.
    Got Juice? likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelisreal View Post
    Pro: If you want utterly consistent neck tension then this is a big step in the right direction

Con: Spendy.

If you can afford it, buy one. We are lucky here that the range I belong to has one available to members to use. It's so easy to set up for your brass. I had been using the preset programmes, but recently obliterated one of each of the batches of cases I have in the Aztec mode. Now I have customized programmes for every lot.

I haven't done any testing to see if there is any distinct advantage to annealing every single firing. I have relied on reading widely on the internet to convince me it's worthwhile.

It seems (from online research) that annealing won't make your loads more accurate, but it can minimise one variable that can lead to inconsistency.
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    Buy it, you wont regret it!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Buy with confidence, it does exactly as it says it will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    Very pleased with mine.
    Glad to see the results are there!!! I like the no flame no consumable design, and the software looks quite the business.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out. The more I read on the product, the more it appeals to me once I save up a few dollars.

I am not having an issue with neck splitting (touch wood) and accuracy has also been there for me in spades. Listening to other reviews, people with the Lapua brass especially are quite fond of the unit.

Hi Got Juice?, You may have already looked at the AMP website but in case you haven't there is a lot of good info on there under the headings of Information and Media. https://www.ampannealing.com/index/

Since I bought mine I have found that by annealing after every firing my accuracy has improved slightly and the ES and SD has reduced and it has been with Lapua, Norma and RWS cases.
    With Lapua 6.5-284 cases I have ES of 4.45 fps and SD of 1.89 fps. Similar results have been seen with Lapua 22-250, Norma 25-06 and RWS 22 Hornet reloads.

Tech
    Got Juice? likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelisreal View Post
    I haven't done any testing to see if there is any distinct advantage to annealing every single firing. I ems (from online research) that annealing won't make your loads more accurate, but it can minimise one variable that can lead to inconsistency.
    Your research indicates annealing is for case life, not accuracy. Thanks for the clarification.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Gone But Not Forgotten
    I've found that like Tech, accuracy has improved slightly. That's with Lapua and Peterson brass which is all I use now. Annealing every reload, neck tension is more consistent. It shows on my arbor press which has force measurement dial indication with which I reload my 6.5 Creedmoor and 6 PPC. On larger cartridges, I can also feel it on my Co-Ax press which isn't the most subtle of presses out there. My SD's have dropped into single digits also.

Not for everyone, but a worthwhile addition for those seeking the best accuracy and of course case life.
    Steelisreal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Your research indicates annealing is for case life, not accuracy. Thanks for the clarification.
    What I was trying to get across was that I haven't done any specific testing to see if annealing improved accuracy as a stand alone variable. @10-Ring phrased it much better in his post.

I've had access to the machine since I started reloading again a year ago and have had very pleasing results. It seems to be one of those things where doing it every firing can't make it worse and may improve consistency through lower ES and SD.
    10-Ring and Got Juice? like this.

Love mine. No looking back.
    Got Juice? likes this.

Got Juice? likes this.