Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tui_man2

Thread: Anybody using Strelok Android app?

Anybody using Strelok Android app?

Just wondering how good this free app is? seems to cover most of the variables just wondering if anyone has used it out to 800yards and what there results have been like when comparing it to shooter or other apps that you need to buy

I down loaded the free app. and so far it seems to be quite accurate. I have only used it once when out sighting in a new mil/mil scope. Tried it out to 400mtrs where it was bang on for elevation and windage. At 550 there was too much wind and I had trouble spotting my own shots so gave up, but it looked there abouts. Waiting for another chance to get out again. I haven't used any other app. but against my old verified moa chart it looks good and it's free.

check out shooter too its good, 12 bucks i think.

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Just wondering how good this free app is? seems to cover most of the variables just wondering if anyone has used it out to 800yards and what there results have been like when comparing it to shooter or other apps that you need to buy
    Ive been using Strelok since i think Septemberish 011 on an s3 samsung, the only thing that has caught me out with it has been thou user error, or the changeable weather where the temp drops with 10 + deg F suddenly throwing out the MOA once again the user not making the changes lol. other then that i find it easy to use very reliable info ..

It fine shot out to 500 with it. Shooter is better and easier to use but strelok is fine for free
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
    It fine shot out to 500 with it. Shooter is better and easier to use but strelok is fine for free
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Cheers, have you compared the two by putting in all the data at say 500m in each program and seeing if they both give the same drop and windage ect? As NZHTR said, the key would be getting the temperature and windage the same and inputting data correctly. Let me know if you get a chance to compare the two side by side quickly. If the numbers come out the same i dont see the point in me buying shooter.
    Thanks

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Cheers, have you compared the two by putting in all the data at say 500m in each program and seeing if they both give the same drop and windage ect? As NZHTR said, the key would be getting the temperature and windage the same and inputting data correctly. Let me know if you get a chance to compare the two side by side quickly. If the numbers come out the same i dont see the point in me buying shooter.
    Thanks
    It's easy under 500 an anything will just about em the job. 700m plus where other factors come in an gets harder, that's where for the small cost of the app why bother with others?

sent from my Samsung s3 using tapatalk 2
    R93 likes this.

Strelok is free in my opinion its easier to use then shooter, that opinion could change with more time with it ,Shooter has more inputs and should be a better program ,ive used my mates Shooter ballistic's on his I phone and vice versa with Strelok from below and beyond 500 yrds , i dont recall the exact details of it but all inputs to my rifle equalled hits from both no problems .I have the paid Strelok version as well now it's virtually the same as the free Vers. if you down load a freebee and you dont like it it wont be to much of a loss to delete.