Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Simon
  • 1 Post By Simon

Thread: Anyone Shooting Fronter CMJ Projectiles in .308 & .223??

Anyone Shooting Fronter CMJ Projectiles in .308 & .223??

Hi all.
    Is anyone shooting Frontier CMJ Projectiles in .308 & .223?? I want to run some in a AR-15 and a FN-FAL.
    If you are using these, what loads are you running?
    I have shot over 100K of the 9mm 124 grain projectiles through my 38 super so they are not new to me but running them through a rifle is.
    I am after a cheap plinking load and running these projectiles would help achieve this as the .308 155 grain projectiles are $180 per 1000 and the .223 are $135 per 1000.

GunSite® South Africa - South Africa’s Firearm, Tactical & Hunting Discussion Forums

No experience myself, but here is a link to another thread on them if it helps!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Well I tried the 55 grain .224 projectiles today.
    Remington R15 AR-15. 18" barrel
    26.2 grains of CFE 223 powder, FC case, CCI small rifle primer No 400, OAL 56.6mm. Estimate about 3100 fps.
    The projectiles look not too bad close up and shoot well. Better than the Barnaul projectiles I have tried and yet a lot cheaper.
    Fire 20 rounds at 50 meters (limited at my pistol club to 50 meters max) and groups ranged from 20mm to 30mm.
    Will be getting some more as they are easily good enough for punching paper, nailing steel and the price is right.
    No sign of jackets coming off etc. so I am happy. Will do some load development in the coming weeks time permitting.
    Philtno likes this.

Where do you buy these?

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 922
Size:  24.9 KB

I just bought his last 1000 (wanted 2000) but he says he has a few hundred left.
    He will send you a sample pack for free if you ask.

There are guys selling them on Trademe but at inflated prices. They will be just on selling.
    Bill is the source.

That's a good price.

Yep.
    They are cheap. Sounds like others are getting good results as well as Bill has all but sold out. Only sample quantities left by the sound of it.
    The copper coating is thicker than I thought it would be. Looking forward to doing lots of cheap shooting.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1049
Size:  31.1 KB

Update.
    Still very happy with how these projectiles shoot. Great plinking and service rifle round and cheap to boot.
    I was shooting them the other weekend at 200m and could easily keep them in a minute of apple, rapid firing them prone at a 6" steel plate.
    Philtno likes this.