Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kelton
  • 1 Post By Rated M for Magnum
  • 1 Post By grandpamac
  • 1 Post By Rated M for Magnum

Thread: Anyone using 7mm 154sst with 2217

Anyone using 7mm 154sst with 2217

Gidday, if anyone is using this brew what powder weights are you using. Just in the process of developing a load and wanting to find out what others have had success with. cheers
    on its way!

What caliber?

7mm rem mag
    Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    What caliber?
    on its way!

I know lots run 72 with 162 so probably safe to say starting at 71 would be safe with 154
    Stefanhope likes this.

Got some data for this combo, well the soft point version anyway, out of my Lyman 49th edition. H1000 is 2217

Name:  IMG20220711060935.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  2.93 MB
    Stefanhope likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanhope View Post
    Gidday, if anyone is using this brew what powder weights are you using. Just in the process of developing a load and wanting to find out what others have had success with. cheers
    Greetings @Stefanhope and all,
    H1000 was originally manufactured by Nobels from the 1980's and from the late 1990's by ADI as AR2217. Over this period the industry changed from the old copper crusher method of pressure measurement (CUP) to the electronic system (PSI). The PSI measurments give a more accurate indication of peak pressure and also variations in pressure. The loads for some cartridges were toned down and the 7mm Rem mag was one of these. Earlier loads also did not list the actual projectle, another variable. For this reason the latest data, measured in PSI should be most trusted. The data shared by @Rated M for Magnum above is some of this. I have found that the Interlock and the SST give very similar velocities and presumably pressures so the Lyman data may be the best you can get.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    Stefanhope likes this.

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Larskramer View Post
    What caliber?
    He states: 7mm. 0r .284

Cartridge, is 7mm mag.

awesome cheers mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated M for Magnum View Post
    Got some data for this combo, well the soft point version anyway, out of my Lyman 49th edition. H1000 is 2217

Attachment 201287
    on its way!

Running 74gr of 2217. I tested loads up to this point checking for pressure signs in .3gr increments, 74gr is 1gr lower from where I started seeing signs. 74gr is also where I found the best node. Shoots 14mm groups doing 3090fps.
    Each rifle/ammo combo is different so I am by no means recommending this as a starting point

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpamac View Post
    Greetings @Stefanhope and all,
    H1000 was originally manufactured by Nobels from the 1980's and from the late 1990's by ADI as AR2217. Over this period the industry changed from the old copper crusher method of pressure measurement (CUP) to the electronic system (PSI). The PSI measurments give a more accurate indication of peak pressure and also variations in pressure. The loads for some cartridges were toned down and the 7mm Rem mag was one of these. Earlier loads also did not list the actual projectle, another variable. For this reason the latest data, measured in PSI should be most trusted. The data shared by @Rated M for Magnum above is some of this. I have found that the Interlock and the SST give very similar velocities and presumably pressures so the Lyman data may be the best you can get.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    So does the data posted by RMM have aa mix of copper and 'P' units on the table? I looked at the first column and thought 'thats BS on the pressure for 4350 and H4831 far too low compared to the slow powders

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    So does the data posted by RMM have aa mix of copper and 'P' units on the table? I looked at the first column and thought 'thats BS on the pressure for 4350 and H4831 far too low compared to the slow powders
    Yes a mix, C for copper and P for PSI. At first glance you'd be thinking bloody hell, stoke em up!

Copper for IMR 4350 and H 4831, the rest are PSI.

The H 4831 max load CUP Converted to PSI is 59717 psi and the IMR 4350 is 60722 psi.
    Moa Hunter likes this.