Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stimpy

Thread: Atac pro brass tumbler

Atac pro brass tumbler

Anybody tried one of these out for cleaning brass?
    Seems to good/cheap to be true, not much in the way of reviews online...

https://xhunteronline.co.nz/products...h-max-3kg-220v
    winaa likes this.

Have been hoping somebody would buy one and let us know honthey go, suspect a low duty motor but likely easy to change out to something more suitable.

I might grab one and report back. As you say, I think fairly light duty, probably more designed for jewellery etc, would pay not to overload it..

@R93 dredging my memory on previous threads...was it you that posted about one of these? I know a few others said they had them.

I have one, had it or a year and used on 303, 308 and BP brass. I have not found a fault with it but was a bit concerned and bought a spare plastic container along with all the replaceable fittings and seals. Still unused as nothing leaks or has broken.
    I think that the only limitation I can think of is the capacity and it does, rebadged, come in different tumbler sizes. I stick aboout 30 to 50 x .30 brass along with liquis and two sizes of steel balls , and run it for 30 mins to an hour. I tried once adding stainles steel pins, but never again, too hard to separate from the brass and balls.

If brass really dirty, then I a do another wash to clean the grime and grease that is still attached after coming out of the first wash. I use the citrus product and brass ranges from clean and dull to bright and shiny dependent upon how old and dirty it was ...and that includes 1940's brass.

Noisy as hell so It sits in the garage, I bought it from Alixpress, I would buy another if it failed, and i never run it on high speed. Low speed seems appropriateMine is 13cmhigh x 10 cm diam.
    IF considering buying one,as mentioned earlier, consider the capacity because if you wash brass in batches of 50 + ask the seller the size as I feel you will need to buy a largeer capacity option
    Last edited by Kiwi Sapper; 30-01-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Beauty, thanks KS