Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By EFriz
  • 1 Post By stagstalker

Thread: Ballistics and the Shooter APP

Ballistics and the Shooter APP

For some time I have been using the shooter app and it has worked very well for me out to 600 meters.
    Recently I have changed scopes on my rifle from and MOA VX5 to a Swaro Z5 3.5-18 which is inch per hundred yards (IPHY) or shooters MOA.
    My rangefinder is a leica 1600 which gives either metric ( Meters, Degrees Celsius and Hpa) or imperial (Yards, Fahrenheit, PSI) for my environmentals.

Now I have changed the app click values to IPHY in shooter and done a tall target test as the swaro is not quite 1 inch per hundred yards its about 0975. But the question I have is can I continue to use metric ranging such as meters and then enter it into the app and expect the app to make the calculation given the it needs to be converted to IPHY or should I swap over the imperial.

The only problem with doing this is that shooter does not accept PSI from the range finder and I would have to have a further conversion table.

I hope this makes sense cheer. Essentially can I continue to work in metric and the calculator will do the math's and spit out the correct values for me?

Cheers.

Should be fine. I do exactly that atm. My shooter app is set for metres and my Swaro Z5 dials the same as yours and is set to IPHY. My MV is dropped a bit to make to solution match up and it’s good to go. Shot a stag with it yesterday at 610metres.

@stagstalker sounds like you are having a good result from that. What is your zero distance have you done this in yards or meters?
    Its difficult with some range finders as if you changed to imperial it changes all your environmental units of measure also.

Quote Originally Posted by EFriz View Post
    @stagstalker sounds like you are having a good result from that. What is your zero distance have you done this in yards or meters?
    Its difficult with some range finders as if you changed to imperial it changes all your environmental units of measure also.
    My zero distance is 100m. Absolute pressure in hPa, Temp in Celsius, Wind speed in MPH

@stagstalker cheers mate.
    I have done a bit more research and it seems the app will convert for you. But there are some people who strictly swear by keeping everything yard only or meters only. But glad to hear that works in for you also.
    stagstalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EFriz View Post
    @stagstalker cheers mate.
    I have done a bit more research and it seems the app will convert for you. But there are some people who strictly swear by keeping everything yard only or meters only. But glad to hear that works in for you also.
    Yup so long as you input everything correctly the app converts it all for you. Like always just go shoot target to make sure it’s true.
    EFriz likes this.