Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Best Factory Ammno for a Norinco M305/M14 Clone

Hi all! What's the best factory ammo for a Norinco M305/M14 clone?
    I currently have batches of some various Milsurps rounds I'm messing with however I'm after something that's in always production (Hornady, American Eagle etc) that's very accurate with stopping power for both large deer & pigs out to 400m and feeds well. My Norinco M14 build has an adjustable gas plug so I can up to 180gr.

res
    Having had a few of these I didn't find a single ammo that worked best in all of them. The Remington corelock 150 was probably the closest
    Using Tapatalk

Ejected
    Assuming you have the factory bolt with the overly generous headspace then stay away from stellar and bellot with its thin brass. Reloaded ex military brass is probably best. Also soft points used to get mashed going through the action is mine so Sierra 165 hpbt game kings worked the best. Something with a plastic tip would also work.

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    Having had a few of these I didn't find a single ammo that worked best in all of them. The Remington corelock 150 was probably the closest
    Nice. I'll check those out (Y) What kind of groupings are you getting with the Corelokt? Also have you tried American Eagle FMJ's? Apparently those work half decent.
    Last edited by Loyal2no1; 04-09-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    Assuming you have the factory bolt with the overly generous headspace then stay away from stellar and bellot with its thin brass. Reloaded ex military brass is probably best. Also soft points used to get mashed going through the action is mine so Sierra 165 hpbt game kings worked the best. Something with a plastic tip would also work.
    Interesting... Yes it's all factory receivers/barrel/internals however I have an aftermarket bolt release, gas plug etc fitted to a Blackfeather stock. I'll avoid the soft points and stick to plastic tips & MilSurps FMJ's.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyal2no1 View Post
    Nice. I'll check those out (Y) What kind of groupings are you getting with the Corelokt? Also have you tried American Eagle FMJ's? Apparently those work half decent.
    I can't remember sorry, gave up in them as a hunting rifle and I have plenty of surplus fmj to feed them when they do get the the range
    Using Tapatalk