Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Best projectile for remmy 700 sps .270

Looking at doing some load development next weekend while down in taupo and tossing up between a couple of different brands to try, looking at using either the 130 grain sierra prohunter or hornady interlock already decided on powder which is ADI 2213SC (H4831?) hopefully I will be heading into forlongs on thursday night or saturday arvo after work to get some projectiles and powder seeing that they seem to be the only buggers who have anything in stock for reloading components not even H&F in Te Rapa has anything apart from powder.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

I've had no issues with pro hunters. I loaded some with ar2213sc and they shot pretty good from a savage axis .270. Also kill well

My uncle uses interlocks in his .270wsm and he reckos they are the bees knees even tried getting me to go to interlocks from amax

But from that I'd say whatever ones cheapest cause they both work and you should get hunting accuracy from either
    VIVA LA HOWA

The 130gr swift scirocco II is a seriously good projectile in a 270 win. But I found that 2209 gave the most consistent load.
    The scirocco's are $1.20 though
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Interlocks are as good as anything.
    I am using 130 Game kings in my .270.

Dan M
    Dan M

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    The 130gr swift scirocco II is a seriously good projectile in a 270 win. But I found that 2209 gave the most consistent load.
    The scirocco's are $1.20 though
    Nice bullets but way out of budget for me at the moment.

Going to be trying out some sierra pro hunters to see how they go in the remmy

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Theirs a dozen different answers, none of them wrong, I prefer the 140gr weight in the .270 win, no need for premium bullets if your are just getting started, just get a soft point from speer, hornady or sierra, as they come buy the 100 and work out cheaper,
    I see your are looking at the 130 prohunter, a fine choice. If you are to get something else, take a look at a 140 or 150 interlock,

Ended up getting some H4350 (2209?) as it was cheaper than ADI even though they make the hodgdon 4350 powder and got some more primers (federal 210) while I was at it in case the federal 210 match primers I have had for a couple of years are buggered from sitting in the drawer hopefully the projectiles turn up in time in the mail for sunday so I can do a bit of load development seeing I have been granted access to some reloading gear to make up some loads to try.

I have tried a few different things in my remmy 700 .270. What worked well for me were 130gn Hornady SST's with 2208 and now I'm using 130gn Barnes TTSX with 2209. I originally loaded interlocks and they worked alright but I like the latter two the best.

I would try barnes bullets but my arse hurts everytime I look at the price of them for a box of 50 and think nup sierra or hornady interlocks will do plus ballistic tips do not interest me I prefer hollow point or soft point someone on here will probably corner me and try to slap some sense into me one day.

For how often you use them I don't think the price is that bad, yet to lose an animals to a Barnes as well!

I just prefer to use soft or hollow point and I can get more for my money that way I just can't justify paying up to $80 for 50 bullets

haha forgot you guys have it rough, should order them from aus with the dollar doing so well against ours. $54 for a box of 50 here!

yeah my H4350 cost me $66.90 and ADI 2209 was $77 and it is exactly the same bloody powder made by the same manufacturer and the american brand was cheaper it just does not add up.

Try some sierra 140gr HPBT, I got great accuracy out of them and they were great killers. I used sierra GK pre that and they were great, I'm now using 150gr Nosler partition and love them! I'm now using 2209 as I ran out of room in the case with 2213

I could have got some 140gr SGK hollow points today when I got the powder at forlongs as they were $53 per 100 count but got the 130gr pro hunters coming from munsey and some hornady interlocks coming too from Puku for trialling so whichever turns up tomorrow I will try (hopefully both but the post is being a bit on the slow side)