Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gibo
  • 1 Post By kiwijames

Thread: Beware Fusion 270win with Browning A-Bolts

Beware Fusion 270win with Browning A-Bolts

The case has 8 thou expansion on the neck and 17 thou at the shoulder. The winchester brass that i normally use has 3 on the neck and 7 on the shoulder.

I couldnt draw the bolt back after firing to eject the brass, and apparently its because the action has much less play than a standard sporting rifle.
    Learn to close that ******* bolt quietly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joluk44 View Post
    The case has 8 thou expansion on the neck and 17 thou at the shoulder.

I couldnt draw the bolt back after firing to eject the brass, and apparently its because the action has much less play than a standard sporting rifle.
    Did you close the bolt quietly before firing??
    Munsey likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    The action play would have 5/8ths of fuck all to do with it. It's the chamber in question so either the Fusion is way undersized or your chamber is on the large size. The pill and throat cannot change dimension so the difference neck growth would only be thinner brass?
    dogmatix likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Federal brass is known for being soft

probably because its a Browning action ,sweet bugger all tolerance in them .Better quality brass may be the go .
    Gun control means using both hands

Is this a new rifle, have you tried any other ammo?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Manufactured Commercial Small Arms 2010 USA Vs. Commercial Small Arms 2010 Imported to NZ
    ... 1,800,000.00 / 8,000.00 = 0.44%

Sorry its taken me a while to reply, yes i closed the bolt quietly i was 10m away and it hadnt seen me.

Ive also tried highland, winchester (which i have stuck with), remington, a mates home reloads, and sellier and bellot. None of the others (except for a few of the reloads) had any issues

The gun has fired about 250 rounds so far

I had a similar problem once (it's always when you need that urgent follow up shot on a running animal) with my Tikka 595 .308 using Federal Powershock factory 180gn. A shame because I find the Federal consistently accurate, but that incident cost me a deer

fusion is federals latest and greatest designed for deer. i also had problems with federals 303 and 22 ammo in the past, so wont be touching the stuff again