Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By charliehorse

Thread: BM2 or 2206H

BM2 or 2206H

Just wondering if anyone may have a part tin of either powder to sell. Looking to do some load development for the 223 in the 65-79gr projectile range. If not I will just buy full tin if I can source some.
    Cheers

Can't help you from up here but I was doing the same last week for 70g speer and although it's likely on the slow side the first load I tried of 23g 2206h shot half an inch so job done for me. Re tested this morning and loaded up a box.
    dannyb likes this.

Both load data and my experience suggests you try 2206 first, especially with the heavier end of that range of bullet weights.

Quote Originally Posted by 300wsm for life View Post
    Just wondering if anyone may have a part tin of either powder to sell. Looking to do some load development for the 223 in the 65-79gr projectile range. If not I will just buy full tin if I can source some.
    Cheers
    Greetings 300wsm for life,
    I loaded 25 grains of AR2206H behind the 69 grain Sierra MK in LC83 cases for 2,960 fps. Rifle is a T3* with a 570mm barrel. The LC83 case is the same weight as Remington. Accuracy was excellent. Also tried the 70 grain Speer in S&B cases 23 grains of AR2206H for 2,680 fps. The S&B cases are very heavy and 23 grains as all that would fit. Will retest with Remington or LC83 cases. I suspect that you will find AR2206H better for the heavier projectiles but I am changing to BM8208 for the 55 grain projectiles as AR2206H loads need to be compressed.
    Regards Grandpamac.

I have used both powders pushing 53 - 55 gr Vmax projectiles.
    I had really good results from both but preferred the BM2, it gave excellent accuracy, very small spread of speed and metered out really well.