Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Hirahillbilly
  • 2 Post By johnd
  • 2 Post By nzfubz

Thread: Buying from Dillon Precision USA

Buying from Dillon Precision USA

I thought I'd post this for info, after a good experience.
    I decided recently that I wanted a Dillon Eliminator beam scale. After enquiring at all the usual shops, it seemed everyone in NZ was out and new shipments are still a couple of weeks away. I'm not that patient so looked overseas. Turns out Dillon themselves had the best price. They quoted me $47us for shipping, but even then it was still cheaper than buying here. I had concerns that 1 it would end up taking longer than waiting for one here and 2 that it'd get stuck in customs and ending costing me more for GST etc, but decided to go for it. I placed the order on Saturday morning and it was delivered this morning. I can't believe it. Apart from Gunworks, I can't get stuff that quick from NZ! Its awesome.
    Long story short, if you need something Dillon and its not available in NZ, I recommend buying direct.
    Cheers.
    Beaker, Antwalsh and charliehorse like this.

I accidentally threw part of my RL550 away when having a clean up. Emailed them from replacement bits and a price. They emailed back for delivery address and would not take payment (remember it was my fault, nothing broke), parts arrived in 5 days too.

Have a customer for life in me they do, some NZ businesses would do well to try and emulate that type of customer support rather than the slopey shoulders service that seams to prevail locally

You tried deltamike? They have heaps of goodies

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    I've bought a bit from Delta Mike. Great service. Ordered some projectiles on Monday lunchtime, delivered to the other end of the country Tuesday afternoon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    I did enquire with them, but they were out of stock. I did get a speedy response and they offered to ask around for me, so good customer service. Will be worth a try for the next toys I need.

Dillon have always been good, i got spares for a square deal at no cost plus a few bits i didnt ask for. 30 odd years ago. Not even sure if you could get them local back then. When the blue team were new on the scene, and people said stuff like "yeah it s a lifetime warranty but thats the life time of the company not the product.
    Look at them now and still obviously being good bastards still.
    mikee and Beaker like this.

I brought the press local, and then some parts from the states.

Both fantastic.

Blue is the way.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Blue is the way, broke an indexing ring and they had the part and a press alignment tool to me in 10 days foc

Sent from small rectangular device
    mikee and Beaker like this.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas