Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Can anyone tumble some (a lot) of brass for me in CHCH

Can anyone tumble some (a lot) of brass for me in CHCH

Is there any kind soul in Chch that could tumble/clean all my brass for me? I will eventually get my own setup but right now I have a lot of dirty brass and want it clean and shiny again! Payment could be monetary or in liquid form if prefered?
    I have about 70 cases of 270wsm, 200 cases of 300SAUM, 150 mixed brass 270, 223, 260 etc.

if you don't find someone closer, you can post it to me and i'll post it back

I also don't mind doing it unless you find someone closer.
    My tumbler can only take about 60 cases at a time.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

Find some one with a lathe, get an infant formula tin with a plastic clip on lid, 3/4 fill with crushed walnut shell, add 1/2 teaspoon of autosol. Slow rev for Hour in lathe, leave the primers in to stop pocket getting clogged. Bobs your uncle and Fannys your aunt! Does a great job, even a dairy farmer could manage!!
    Savage1 and Jacobite like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I can help if ya want to send it down to dunners

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Got to be all shiny and bling or just inside clean?

In Chch happy to tumble in Ss media then corn cob

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Find some one with a lathe, get an infant formula tin with a plastic clip on lid, 3/4 fill with crushed walnut shell, add 1/2 teaspoon of autosol. Slow rev for Hour in lathe, leave the primers in to stop pocket getting clogged. Bobs your uncle and Fannys your aunt! Does a great job, even a dairy farmer could manage!!
    Oh I like this plan a lot. Gives me a reason to go see the old man (who has one) rather than going to say hello. (He lives in Marton, I need more of a reason that just being polite...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Is there any kind soul in Chch that could tumble/clean all my brass for me? I will eventually get my own setup but right now I have a lot of dirty brass and want it clean and shiny again! Payment could be monetary or in liquid form if prefered?
    I have about 70 cases of 270wsm, 200 cases of 300SAUM, 150 mixed brass 270, 223, 260 etc.
    Buy one of these, don't bother with adding the stainless steel media, add two tea spoons of powdered citric acid and a squirt of your favorite dish washing liquid with hot water. Set the time for two hours and bling bling! Does around 500 .223 cases per batch.

Gunsmithing &Reloading Tools - Frankford Arsenal Platinum Rotary Tumbler, Brass Case Cleaning

Ejected
    I just ordered the franford arsenal ss tumbler from Cabelas ($350 but I need to also buy a voltage transformer) and it's due to arrive tomorrow so I could SS tumble them for you if nzfubz can't. My weakness is age statement single malt.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    Buy one of these, don't bother with adding the stainless steel media, add two tea spoons of powdered citric acid and a squirt of your favorite dish washing liquid with hot water. Set the time for two hours and bling bling! Does around 500 .223 cases per batch.

Gunsmithing &Reloading Tools - Frankford Arsenal Platinum Rotary Tumbler, Brass Case Cleaning
    You need the stainless media for best results inside and out. Cases on left done without media and citric acid. Cases on right with media.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by R93; 03-05-2016 at 01:34 PM.
    7mmsaum and nzfubz like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    I just ordered the franford arsenal ss tumbler from Cabelas ($350 but I need to also buy a voltage transformer) and it's due to arrive tomorrow so I could SS tumble them for you if nzfubz can't. My weakness is age statement single malt.
    It will work faster on 230VAC just for a shorter time
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post

I've had a bit of a play around with differing amounts of citric acid hydrate, and the sweet spot seems to be 1/4 teaspoon in 4l of water. Any more than that doesn't seem to do them any shinier.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    It will work faster on 230VAC just for a shorter time
    $60 for a step down transformer at Jaycar. Did I mention I only paid $350 for the tumbler?

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    $60 for a step down transformer at Jaycar. Did I mention I only paid $350 for the tumbler?
    Hope you got a PS of sufficient capacity. The 60 buck one I saw at Jaycar is rated at 50va. My FA tumbler has a motor rated at 60 watts.....