Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 257weatherby

Thread: CFE in .308

sneakywaza I got

CFE in .308

About to get a new rifle in .308, this will be a long term keeper. Have loaded plenty for .308 with 2206H and 2208 in the past, but BLC2 and CFE seem to be good .308 powders with extra velocity over the other two, anybody got comparative real world experience?

I tried BLC2 in my .308 found it accurate worked better than 748, CFE should be good a friend uses it in a 250 Savage and likes it, my .308 only sees Trail Boss these days

Banned
    I've just started using it after moving from 150gr to 165gr...not measured but is an easy step up in speed without pushing pressure. I shoot about 30mm groups with everything so load development is wasted on me.
    Also using it in 8 x 57 with 170gr with good effect.

What rifle are you buying 257?

The velocity is great but I've never gotten great accuracy using CFE223. Ball powders are more temp sensitive too. I'd stick with AR2206H / AR2208.

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by stevodog View Post
    I've just started using it after moving from 150gr to 165gr...not measured but is an easy step up in speed without pushing pressure. I shoot about 30mm groups with everything so load development is wasted on me.
    Also using it in 8 x 57 with 170gr with good effect.

What rifle are you buying 257?
    M12 Extreme.
    stevodog likes this.