Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

CFE223 Powder???

Been talking to a bloke about this stuff, anyone here used it???

Looks like an extra 200fps for my .22-250, mind you what happens with the accuracy is another question... looks to be good for the .243 as well.

So any feedback would be greatly appreciated team.

Cheers Craig

Hi Craig I have done a lot of load work for my 22-250 Browning A-Bolt II with both CFE 223 and 8208XBR. One problem I had was the barrel was pretty much shot out latter confirmed with a mates bore scope so results were somewhat skewed however. With Berger 55gr velocities where not up to claimed speeds in books which is pretty normal. With my rifle the sweet spot was using 39gr not the top load but accurate sub 0.5moa at 200m at 3650fps I tried more powder but pressure soon got way too high. It is a very dirty burning powder as it has added graphite to mitigate copper fouling but that cleans out ok and at times 200 rounds were fired with no loss of accuracy. The fastest load is not always the best so don't go chasing it, chase the most accurate load your intended target wont know the difference of 200fps but it will run away if you miss. I have not continued load work as the barrel needs swapping out and its not the top priority at the moment. Have fun

GWH
    I run it in my 15" barreled 7mm08. Gives me 2900 fps with a 120g nbt, and good accuracy.

i use it in my 223 and love it. more accurate than the 2206h that i was using

Yep, I am using it, 60gr tucked under a 250gr accubond in my 9.3x62.
    Soon as the sako 75 in .223 shows up, that i just got on a trade, I put sum under a 55gr. or 60gr.