Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Uplandstalker
  • 2 Post By 6mm ackley
  • 1 Post By res

Thread: Chch Handloaders AMP Annealer. Who knows how to use it?

Chch Handloaders AMP Annealer. Who knows how to use it?

Hey Team

I was speaking to a chap the other day while I was at the range, he mentioned that there was an AMP annealer in the clubroom that was available for members to use.

Ive done a bit of research on anneling with the machine but it would be awesome if I could collar someone that is familar with the machine at some stage to give me a propper run down on how it all goes. Im not suer keen tinkering without any real knowledge of how tha machne works.

Cheers
    Strider

There are a number of "how to" video's on the AMP website. There is a computer next to the machine at the club and the AMP website is saved at a bookmark
    Bigash likes this.

They're really simple. The NZHA has the Aztec feature too which is pretty sweet.

Turn it on, remove the yellow plastic cap, pick the pilot off of the wall for the cartridge you're annealing (can be looked up on their website, there's a PC right there) and screw it in place, grab a shell holder from the drawer (or bring your own) and drop it into the little brass holder (which also on the wall), select Aztec, analyze, enter the pilot number, insert the case using the holder, analyze.

Red light will come on, it'll make some ticking noises, then turn off. The bit of brass will be trashed but it'll give you a code number. Make a note of it for future reference - it's specific to that brand of brass for that cartridge. Select use.

Then you can one by one run your brass through the machine - case in, run, wait for light to go off, case out onto cooling tray, case in, run...

Next time you don't need to analyze, because you already have the code. Turn on, insert pilot, Aztec, run, enter code, off you go.

There are videos on YouTube too.

Awesome so not too much of a mission then eh?

Will have a good read this evening.

Thanks team

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Make sure there's no live primer in the case. Caution: be very careful, if you've cleaned your cases with stainless pins, that none remain in a case as they can fall into the annealer and severely damage it. Although I don't use stainless pins for cleaning I always tap the case mouth on the bench to dislodge any loose carbon - not essential but saves the crap falling into the annealer.

Just got email they are closing thought reloading is essential service
    timattalon and xtightg like this.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    Make sure there's no live primer in the case. Caution: be very careful, if you've cleaned your cases with stainless pins, that none remain in a case as they can fall into the annealer and severely damage it. Although I don't use stainless pins for cleaning I always tap the case mouth on the bench to dislodge any loose carbon - not essential but saves the crap falling into the annealer.
    never thought of this, thanks for adding yet another step to my reloading lol
    10-Ring likes this.
    Using Tapatalk