Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Which Chronograph

Which Chronograph

Hi looking for a new chronograph as mine doesn't pick up shots when it is under the roof at our local range what's everyone using and whats the best?

R93
    Cant go past the magnetospeed V3 imo. It has been rated against the latest radar chrony for MV and proved to be as accurate. Easy to use and setup.
    geezejonesy likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Progressed thru Chrony F1 to CED (2 of including Infra Red screen) to a Magnetospeed V2. I swear by the MS. Unfortunately will not fit my military style stocked rifles so then have to pull out the CED. CED is a pain in the arse to set up compared to the MS. I shoot rifle at my local pistol club and if you are setting up an optical chronograph with 9 other shooters waiting on you you get a bit of stick. No such problem with MS. Only thing is the MS tends to move the group centre away from the sensor fractionally but does not affect group size on any of my rifles. It may affect super thin barrels though, I don't know on that one. I have shot full strings of F Class with it attached and my scores were still excellent. Final zeroing I check with MS removed.

I have a magnetospeed love it ... had a sonic ??? the orange one I had it to close to muzzle 500mm 300 wm ..muzzle blast smashed led display wasn't very happy after that
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

MagnetoSpeed, simple and accurate.

I had an Alpha and got fed up setting up in line with target to do groups at same time so got a Steinert accoustic chrono. Not used too much but they are fussy it seems... if it doesn't work well will have bro in law bring over a Lab Radar.

Cancelled my Labradar order, it wouldn't do what I wanted it to do, isn't brake friendly & needs to be close to the muzzle to work.

Get the MS, I'm really happy with my V2

The only draw back is shooting for accuracy & precision with it on the barrel, some are effected more than others, I use my Oehler 35P for that.

I'm more confident with the MS's velocities, to be fair there is little difference though.

Surprised to hear labradar has to be close to muzzle and blast affected....that would be disappointing. Looked at MS but went accoustic so no POI aim...but needs to be set up spot on for confidence with velocities...and doesn't do SD...a PITA.

Thanks for that guys I see Wilson's in Wanganui sell them so might have to go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08IMP View Post
    Thanks for that guys I see Wilson's in Wanganui sell them so might have to go that way.
    Yeh, was in there a month back and he had one in stock. Doesn't seem to carry many at a time.
    You can also buy direct from MS now. Mate bought the Sporter model. Had it in hand in 7 days.
    The Sporter model is a bit watered down for my liking and the V3 is the biz.

Year have looked at getting direct but with the exchange rate and if I get stung for GST and duty it may not be worth it.
    Sorry who is MS??

Nice review. Incidentally I registered to buy a LabRadar (I think a few others on the Forum may have as well) when they first canvassed for support but have long since given up on the company. Plus as pointed out in the review, is the extra spend really worth it.

Yes I did the same. Will see how the Steinert chrony goes...bought for same premise, no screens and not light affected, no messy cables...but no SD is a fail.

Why do you need SD? ES is fully meaningful as long as you take a reasonable sample. Actually, same applies to SD.

If you really demand SD, buy a $20 stats calculator
    7mmsaum and gadgetman like this.